• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Is this normal? I think not.

Bozo

My entertainment slide on my 40v13 shows daylight top and bottom when all the way in.IMG_0059.jpegIMG_0060.jpeg

darrell

I wish it weren't, but that is fairly typical unfortunately. You may have a seal not adjusted properly or may have had it cut a little short. You can buy some, cut it to length, and replace it yourself pretty easily.

Bozo

I wish it weren't, but that is fairly typical unfortunately. You may have a seal not adjusted properly or may have had it cut a little short. You can buy some, cut it to length, and replace it yourself pretty easily.
Compared to my previous units, this is a first for me. It does go in for a few things tomorrow, I will mention it to dealer and see if they want to keep me happy. Otherwise, I’ll add it to the list of things I have to change. I am not worried so much as annoyed. I agonized over new vs used/newer and will most probably go used next time. I am just amazed by lack of attention to details anymore. I just started residing my house after a major hailstorm last year and found that the premier builder I used to frame and weather in the house when we built it, did not seal any of the windows or doors. No caulking or flashing tape whatsoever. Worked, until it didn’t, I guess. Will be done correctly, by me, this time. Am I picky for wanting quality Workmanship?

Bozo

Note to those with solar. When I was up top removing a/c winter covers, I was doing a quick inspection and found the the solar wires going into roof top “termination” moved when I happen to bump one. Specifically, the nuts that clamp onto the seal to hold the wire were loose. I was able to tighten one quite a bit and will wait on the other until I get unit back as the nut was stuck in the sealant. See pic for what I am talking about . This is like a liquid tite connection that clamps the seal around the wire the tighter the nut. Vise grips only used to hold while I used my man hands to ”gorilla finger” tighten. Dealer also said daylight around slide was not normal. Also had a plumbing vent cap that was obvious that someone from factory had stepped on causing ill fitment. There was shoe print in sealant. So far, my dealer has went above and beyond my expectations. Hard for me to pass off these seemingly little things when I am a trades person but figured, I paid good money not to have to do it…..at least for a year or so. Also when I get it back, I will be changing all the zerks to whatever is necessary for quick easy access.

Attachments

• IMG_0063.jpeg
    IMG_0063.jpeg
    173.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0062.jpeg
    IMG_0062.jpeg
    123.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0066.jpeg
    IMG_0066.jpeg
    155.5 KB · Views: 10

Todd F

I was on the roof the other day to perform the Solar Recall dealing with the wire nuts that were installed from Alliance and replace them with crimp connectors. I removed the solar termination, i found that i all ready had the crimp connectors in place. That was a win!! But I also found that the screw terminations that you show in your pics were also loose. So loose that I don't even think they tried to get them tight.

Bozo

I was on the roof the other day to perform the Solar Recall dealing with the wire nuts that were installed from Alliance and replace them with crimp connectors. I removed the solar termination, i found that i all ready had the crimp connectors in place. That was a win!! But I also found that the screw terminations that you show in your pics were also loose. So loose that I don't even think they tried to get them tight.
That was exactly like I found mine. As usual, marketing hype sells, regardless of the real world.