• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Is anyone aware of an internal TPMS Solution Compatible with RAM Factory System?

BryanValRox

Well, talk about a big disappointment. I ordered the RAM Trailer TPMS monitor system with my 2024 Ram. The sensors come package loose when the truck is shipped from the factory. So, I knew I had to install them into the trailer wheels. Well today was the day to test fit one! What a disaster to say the least. While the sensors come with 1/2 and 5/8 rim hole hardware, the sensor valve stem threads are not nearly long enough to properly install the nut on the outside to hold it in place. The instructions call out about a max of 6mm rim thickness and the wheels on my 310 RL are about 9mm. So the 5/8 hardware was a step in the right direction for the 310RL wheels but, the thread length on the stem was the deal breaker. Of course, the only way I could figure all of this out, was to remove the wheel from the trailer, break the tire bead, remove the old stem and test fit the factory supplied sensor. Needless to say this took some effort and produced no reward!
So, I had to reinstall the original stem and reseat the bead etc.
Hopefully, this post might prevent others from experiencing the disappointment and wasting a lot of money on the factory option that won't work on our Alliance wheels.

My question is this, is anyone aware of a compatible internally mounted TPMS that will work with the RAM System and @9 MM thick wheels and5/8 hole?

CornCrib

Perhaps THIS will help? Not sure.

Also, when I had to install my OEM TPMS sensors for my 2022 F350 in my trailer tires, I took it to Belle Tire .. they did it for free as a courtesy ... just asked that I keep them in mind for tires in the future ... I definitely will.

darrell

I had a tire shop install my OEM TTPMS sensors in the wheels on my Paradigm and they didn't indicate any issues or charge any extra. Doesn't mean they didn't have to do anything special and just didn't say anything. I have a 2021 Ram, so may not be apples to apples. I didn't bother pulling them out of the trailer when I traded it, though. New one came with them and would not have had enough anyway.

BryanValRox

Perhaps THIS will help? Not sure.

Also, when I had to install my OEM TPMS sensors for my 2022 F350 in my trailer tires, I took it to Belle Tire .. they did it for free as a courtesy ... just asked that I keep them in mind for tires in the future ... I definitely will.
Paul, thanks for the link, I was aware of this site.
Always appreciate your input.
I am planning on calling Schrader (sensor manufacturer) when I get some free time, to see if they offer different stem options for their sensors.

BryanValRox

I had a tire shop install my OEM TTPMS sensors in the wheels on my Paradigm and they didn't indicate any issues or charge any extra. Doesn't mean they didn't have to do anything special and just didn't say anything. I have a 2021 Ram, so may not be apples to apples. I didn't bother pulling them out of the trailer when I traded it, though. New one came with them and would not have had enough anyway.
Darrell, appreciate the feedback!
Did your Ram come with the trailer sensors or did you just request that they provide a set to be installed? Just curious!

darrell

Darrell, appreciate the feedback!
Did your Ram come with the trailer sensors or did you just request that they provide a set to be installed? Just curious!
These were the OEM trailer sensors that came with my truck. 4 total. They worked fine from that trailer, at least as good as my current one does (TST with the bands inside - not the stem caps).