• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Inverter connect.

7ACMike

Got our new 29RL yesterday and doing the inverter connect today. Question is where do these wires connect to or end at? One clearly is hot all the time (ie shore power) and the other seems to feed the microwave.. neither seem to go to the 30A inverter breaker.. so what's the point of these wires, and how do I feed the inverter breaker from the front access hole.

Thanks! 7AC Mike

Attachments

• 17151895892807112472266617645374.jpg
    17151895892807112472266617645374.jpg
    523.5 KB · Views: 8

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I am having a hard time wrapping my head around this. Where is the grey conduit coming from?

Not sure how they could hardwire 120v power from shore, directly to your microwave, without going through the distribution panel first.

The looks like a simple junction box, not something an aftermarket inverter would get wired into.

Typically you will find the shore power from the wall connector, directly to the distribution panel...that is more than likely behind the pass-through wall, not in the front compartment (where battery is)

7ACMike

We are a bit baffled by this also. After getting into the panel we found several other issues such as breakers incorrectly labeled and a couple of circuits doing nothing. Long story short we have it figured out with some rewiring/relabeling. My son is an electrical engineer and to say the least he was under impressed! On a good note on our PDI yesterday only found 5 issues that required the dealer to handle (which they did quickly). Small Floor slice, blowing a fuse on the lights in slide when it was moved in or out. Had 2 side markers that the screws were tight on the wires and the lockout on the Rota Flex hitch will not fit. Will make one when I get home. Thanks for the quick response though. 7acmike