• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Intermittent Power to fireplace on 310RL [SOLVED]

michigander

Hi all.

We have a 2021 310RL that we've owned for about 6 months.

The fireplace worked great for the first 2 trips. Yesterday it didn't work and I determined that there was no power at the outlet. (I used an extension cord to plug the fireplace into a different outlet and it worked fine). I plugged it back in to it's own outlet and figured that I would look at it later.

This morning I was just standing in the kitchen when I heard a beep. When I tried the fireplace it worked.

Does anyone have any suggestions of where to look the next time this happens?
Note: we do not have a dishwasher (I understand that there is a load balance switch somewhere that balances load between the fireplace and dishwasher).

Where is this load switch? What would I be looking for?

How do these outlet cover plates come off? Do they just snap in place?

How does the fireplace come out so that I can check the connections on the back of the receptacle?

Thanks for the help.

Kent

michigander

Ok. I found the load balance switch. It is located under the bottom drawer of the island on our 310RL.

Once we're home and I can kill power without interrupting our trip, I'll look for loose connections in there.

Any other comments (or answers to my above questions) are appreciated.

Thanks

Kent

michigander

This is the first I have heard of this switch. I will have to go take a look.
Jim discusses it in this thread:

Last edited:

DanNJanice

michigander

I found the issue with my Intermittent fireplace. The ground wire had broken off in the breaker box and was just barely touching the ground bus bar.

I also found a couple of loose screws holding the ground wires to the bus bar.

Attachments

• 20230628_103334.jpg
    20230628_103334.jpg
    1,018.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited: