• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Ice maker hose

LJM

I have a new 340RL and we do not use the ice maker and I would like to shut the water off feeding it since the hose under the slide going to the fridge is out in the open. I am sure it will freeze up and possible burst so I would like to shut it off in the inside.

I have a new 340RL and we do not use the ice maker and I would like to shut the water off feeding it since the hose under the slide going to the fridge is out in the open. I am sure it will freeze up and possible burst so I would like to shut it off in the inside.
If I remember correctly, it isn’t hooked up.

Andrew

It isn't hooked up to the fridge, but it does run out from under the RV and along the bottom of the kitchen slide, COMPLETELY exposed to the elements. Fortunately, there do appear to be 3 valves in the ice maker system: There is a shutoff under the sink (separate from the hot/cold shutoffs that feed the kitchen faucet), a separate low point drain at the rear of the camper, and a residential valve under the cabinet next to the refrigerator. On our 340, I closed the shutoff valve under the kitchen sink, then went out under the unit and located a low point drain, separate from the hot/cold low point drains that are closer to the middle of the camper. It drained a little... and with the valve closed under the sink, I assume that the sole purpose of this low point drain is for the ice maker. Theres a joint under the slide where a white hose and a blue piece of PEX are joined. I unscrewed the two, and pointed them towards the ground; which drained a little more water. I leave the rearmost low point drain open all the time, and have noticed no adverse effect.

LJM

It isn't hooked up to the fridge, but it does run out from under the RV and along the bottom of the kitchen slide, COMPLETELY exposed to the elements. Fortunately, there do appear to be 3 valves in the ice maker system: There is a shutoff under the sink (separate from the hot/cold shutoffs that feed the kitchen faucet), a separate low point drain at the rear of the camper, and a residential valve under the cabinet next to the refrigerator. On our 340, I closed the shutoff valve under the kitchen sink, then went out under the unit and located a low point drain, separate from the hot/cold low point drains that are closer to the middle of the camper. It drained a little... and with the valve closed under the sink, I assume that the sole purpose of this low point drain is for the ice maker. Theres a joint under the slide where a white hose and a blue piece of PEX are joined. I unscrewed the two, and pointed them towards the ground; which drained a little more water. I leave the rearmost low point drain open all the time, and have noticed no adverse effect.
Thanks Andrew good information

Ed&Syl

I really want to use the icemaker at all times. Sounds like it is not safe to do so in cold weather. Has anyone figured out a way to use it in winter?