• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Hughes Power Watchdog EPO Install in 32RLS

CornCrib

Summary: We moved the diagonal wall in the entry door side basement to square off that area and create more space (finish pics coming soon). We installed our Hughes Autoformers PWD50-EPO-H, on the ceiling, behind the wall. Disconnected the 6/4 wire in the converter, ran to the Hughes, then new wire from Hughes back to converter. As we have access to the info from the Hughes via BT, we really don't "need" to have it in the open to view, but it still will be accessible to replace the RSP-50-PWD-EPO Replacement Surge Protection board, if the need arises. (Added benefit of providing a small amount of ambient light behind the wall when plugged into shore power).

Overall, not a complicated job, but working with 6/4 in the crowded confines of the converter was a pain. I saved that step for last.

2A5F3890-299D-4B81-8CCA-B936E1E78D43.jpeg

Installed on the ceiling, behind the door side wall in the basement

5AD3C81F-EA55-41CE-82A4-3D9C18066329_1_105_c.jpeg
Wall will be squared off, eliminating the diagonal run and creating more room.

D0C94CAD-3A56-4796-8A8B-8BCB714E90DE_1_105_c.jpeg
Working with 6 ga. wire in the panel was a pain. New appreciation for the folks who do this for a living. They have a higher tolerance for patience than I.

9E5DAD7B-8C2F-4383-BC9A-B32C74F48F1C_1_201_a.jpeg

Attachments

• 9E5DAD7B-8C2F-4383-BC9A-B32C74F48F1C_1_105_c.jpeg
    9E5DAD7B-8C2F-4383-BC9A-B32C74F48F1C_1_105_c.jpeg
    240 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

TJJ

May I ask why you went with the hardwired?Not a lot of $$ difference between the portable.

CornCrib

From my point of view, basically 3 reasons:
- one less thing to do in Setup/Tear-down
- eliminates the possibility of having it walk away, or accidentally leaving it behind
- there is really no logical reason to ever not use it, so why not hard-wire, thus ensuring it's always used?

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Summary: We moved the diagonal wall in the entry door side basement to square off that area and create more space (finish pics coming soon). We installed our Hughes Autoformers PWD50-EPO-H, on the ceiling, behind the wall. Disconnected the 6/4 wire in the converter, ran to the Hughes, then new wire from Hughes back to converter. As we have access to the info from the Hughes via BT, we really don't "need" to have it in the open to view, but it still will be accessible to replace the RSP-50-PWD-EPO Replacement Surge Protection board, if the need arises. (Added benefit of providing a small amount of ambient light behind the wall when plugged into shore power).

Overall, not a complicated job, but working with 6/4 in the crowded confines of the converter was a pain. I saved that step for last.

Installed on the ceiling, behind the door side wall in the basement

Wall will be squared off, eliminating the diagonal run and creating more room.

Working with 6 ga. wire in the panel was a pain. New appreciation for the folks who do this for a living. They have a higher tolerance for patience than I.
Nice upgrade. Thank you for sharing the details here on the forum for others.

I'm using the Progressive Industries 50A model and like you, built it in.