• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Help! Newbie owner/RVer - why is my power not turning on?

Kristin T

Hi, all, I just purchased a Valor 42v13 for full-timing on my own land in WA and I'm totally green to all of this. I won't have dedicated shore power for about a month and it's been cloudy so I ran out of solar power yesterday. I put 5 gallons of gas in the generator fuel tank but the gen won't turn on (even though it had turned on just fine to run AC, etc. when solar was charged/charging). And, after looking at the owner's manual I went out and opened the propane valve on the door-side tank and turned the regulator to the right, but still nothing. (No fridge, no lights, etc.) What obvious thing(s) am I not doing? Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Focker

A few questions:
Are you sure your batteries have enough power to turn over the generator starter? Because you said there is no power to anything I suspect your batteries are dead.
If it does turn over, it may be possible that the 5 gallons of gas you put in is in the wrong fuel tank, there are two tanks and occasionally the lines have been switched at the factory. Normally it is the front tank for the generator.

Kristin T

Thanks so much for responding! I'm wondering about the fuel tanks, actually. I put the gas into the front tank because that matches the pic but after doing that it was the pump tank that lit up like it had had some gas put in it. Pic attached.

Attachments

• picture.jpg
    picture.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 6

Focker

Those indicator lights could be reversed, and that is a simple fix. They were on my RV. I would confirm before messing with the wires, try putting a few more gallons in and see if the gauge goes up. Do you have enough power in the batteries for the generator to turn over?