• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

GFCI outlets tripping on travel days

JMask

During the past few travel days, both of my GFCI outlets (kitchen for aft and bathroom for forward) have been found to have tripped during transit. At it is intermittent when they trip during transit. I have had my wife standing next to one when I shut shore power to see if it is a electrical transient issue but nothing. I have no inverters installed. So without shore power I have no 120v AC being supplied. Has anyone experienced this? Thanks!

robmller

Our GFCI #2 circuit keepings tripping as well. At first I thought it was an overload from the espresso maker and charging a portable battery, but it still triggers unexpectedly with no load. Now, it will not even reset. TIme to research.

JMask

Our GFCI #2 circuit keepings tripping as well. At first I thought it was an overload from the espresso maker and charging a portable battery, but it still triggers unexpectedly with no load. Now, it will not even reset. TIme to research.
I cleaned my shore power connections with some contact cleaner and a microfiber cloth. Now I spray some in the pedestal connection each hookup as well.