• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Generator not starting

tkfonzie

New member
Hi guys. We have a new 2026 Valor 36V11 with an NPS 6000 generator. First time at home testing all equipment and the generator will not start. It is cranking after priming but does not turn over. I added an additional 15 gallons of gas to the generator fuel tank to make sure we have fuel. Batteries are working well. I'm reading more than 13V at the generator. It sounds like we are jot getting fuel from the tank to the generator. Does anyone know if there a switch or button we need to push to get the fuel from the tank to the generator? Just above the pump in the fuel station there is a small yellow handle to turn? I'm not sure what that is for. Maybe moves fuel from one tank to another? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
 

tkfonzie

New member
Yeah, I put 15 gallons in each tank. I'm guessing the direction the handle is turned determines if we pump into our side by side or if we pump into the other tank?

Do you think this may impact the generator starting?
 

DarrenB

Member
I had the same problem with my new 36V11, turns out one of the fuel lines came undone. Fortunately I already had an appointment with the dealer to fix some initial issues and they found and reconnected the fuel line.
 

BryanValRox

Elite Member
Well, not really. If I understand correctly, the valve just allows you to transfer genset fuel to AUX fuel.

I would start with seeing if the genset will fire off on a little shot of starting fluid. Crank the engine and mist a little starting fluid in the area of the air filter.

This will help you narrow down if it is fuel related or if it is an electrical (Spark) or Air issue.

The other thing you could do is find the fuel inlet connection on the genset and attach a short hose ran directly into a gas can and see if it will run more than a few seconds if it fires on starting fluid.
 
Top