Came home yesterday to a refrigerator at 53 degrees and the freezer at -7. The fridge temperature had trended up for the week and plateaued by the time we returned. (I have Govee sensors in both the fridge and freezer compartments, so know the temperature graphs.)
I have been cautious in my troubleshooting, not wanting to kill the freezer. I tried Off-grid Vacation mode, Super Fridge mode and finally a full reset. The freezer continues to work but no joy in the fridge. It is now approaching room temperature. We have thrown hundreds of dollars worth of food!
Have turned to YT for advice. Seems that the fan that transfers cool air to the fridge may have failed or maybe the defrost heater. Unfortunately both live behind a panel in the freezer compartment.
Does anyone know how to remove the panel?
Or, has anyone had this happen and been able to make a DIY fix? I’m all for not reinventing the wheel!
I have been cautious in my troubleshooting, not wanting to kill the freezer. I tried Off-grid Vacation mode, Super Fridge mode and finally a full reset. The freezer continues to work but no joy in the fridge. It is now approaching room temperature. We have thrown hundreds of dollars worth of food!
Have turned to YT for advice. Seems that the fan that transfers cool air to the fridge may have failed or maybe the defrost heater. Unfortunately both live behind a panel in the freezer compartment.
Does anyone know how to remove the panel?
Or, has anyone had this happen and been able to make a DIY fix? I’m all for not reinventing the wheel!
