• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Freshwater gauge will only read 2/3 full even when tank's completely full (water coming out of overfill)

Whitewolf

Any easy way an "amateur" can figure it out?
Did it ever read full?
Jim has a good point. Also, do your other buttons read full? Grey, black, battery. If they don't read full either, then the problem may be behind the control panel, or wherever all the wires come together.

If your unit is under warranty, this is a good time to get the dealer involved. Or if you're on the road, a mobile tech.

To check the connection at the tank, the underbelly needs to be removed. At least in the area of the fresh water tank. As I'm thinking about this, there might be a way to check the signal at the backside of the control panel. But that still won't give you a visual of a broken or loose wire.

I know this is of no help, and we all want things to work properly, but this is kind of like the opposite of the common black tank issue. Where the black tank reads anything but empty after its dumped and flushed. Some people, me for one, have given up on that issue. I had the sam issue in the Montana before our current 340rl.

As for the fresh tank, I always fill it until it comes out the overflow. I don't check anything until a few days have gone by, just to see how we're doing on water conservation.

I know that's not what you want to hear, but.............

Kristin T

Hi, all, great questions: yes, it's a 2023 purchased brand new from a dealership. And all of the other readings can read full, so it can't be a light issue. But I've never seen the freshwater read full.

Kristin T

And good point about keeping the severity of the problem in perspective. Not really a huge deal in the grand scheme of things. :) Just thought I'd ask.

Whitewolf

Maybe keep that problem in mind if you have to have any other warranty work done. If you call Alliance and get a recording, they'll ask you to send an email with pics. If the problem is preventing us from camping, then hang on. At this point it's not stopping a camp out for you, it's an annoyance.

We get away to avoid annoyances, not have them staring us in the face. :ROFLMAO:

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
@Kristin T - you're getting good advice here. Thanks @Oregon_Camper and @Whitewolf

Accessing the tank level wiring "at the tank".
  1. Expose the tank by taking down the coroplast (underbelly material) below the tank. Generally speaking, the fresh water tank is above the axles. But find where the fresh water tank dump valve (white with pull handle) is and that's where your tank is.
  2. Carefully review the (4 I think) wires connected to the tank level sensors. They'll all be in a vertical row on 1 end of the tank. If they're all connected, then your issue isn't there.
  3. At some point, the wiring for all the tanks get wired together, then a single set of wires come up to the monitor panel. It may make more sense to remove the monitor panel before exposing the tank, just to make sure all the wires are connected to it.
  4. If all is well behind the panel and at the tank, you can look for the splice point, likely above the coroplast somewhere.
And like has been said, in the grand scheme of it all, is it worth your effort to tear into it for the 2/3 vs 3/3 reading? I do like the thought of you getting it noted in your file in case you ever need a warranty repair where the underbelly needs to be removed. Then while they are there....

You can reach out to our customer service team at service@alliancerv.com. Include your name, phone, last 6 of your vin and a description of the issue.