• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

First 5th wheel, new camper, some issues but not thwarted

Hi folks, returning to NY from Texas and stopping ing AR. Supposed to be around 32F so 2/3 filled fresh tank, configures valves for dry camping and turned on pump. After cleaning up 4-5 gallons of water in the storage bay and watched the water drain from the underbelly, water was spraying out of the inlet spigot. Go figure. I called the factory. Optimistic but awaiting reply. Will advise.

BryanValRox

Sorry to hear, sounds like you had a bit of a mess to clean up.
By inlet spigot, do you mean the connection on the panel where you would attach your fresh water supply from a city connection?
If so, and I should know this without looking, but I believe that connection has a built in check valve to prevent the pump from pushing water out when using on board water. Feels like to check valve is broken or stuck open for some reason.
You could get a hose connection and make a dead ended connection to prevent the mess, but allow you to use water in the coach. (Temp. Fix obviously)

BryanValRox

Had another thought (scary I know).
If you happen to have a 90 or 45 valved adapter. I use for strain relief and flexibility of moving the hose as needed.
You could screw the adapter in and ensure the valve is off. Again this would prevent your leak with a more robust solution than a dead ended hose that has been rigged up.

Mike in North Wales

If it's spraying out of the inlet, Bryan is right- that shouldn't happen. You could get a garden hose plug, or adapter and cap, at a hardware store, or make what Bryan said with a hose, or.... Many options. If you mean it was spraying from behind the panel at the connection for the inlet, try tightening the connections back there. I know this sounds like simple advise, maybe too simple, but the idea is to get through your trip and address it on your time, not as an emergency on the road.

Side note- check the black plastic tray under your Nautilus panel for a 2nd hole under all the plumbing. Ours had an extra hole back there that allowed the water to run into the basement instead of out through the hole in the floor. I covered it with FlexSeal tape until it was replaced.