• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Firewall material and backing?

Famtraveler24

Ok. Here's another one. I'm getting ready to do a solar install in the basement and will be attaching my Victron Quattro and other Victron components to the wall (what I believe is the "firewall."

Can anyone tell me about the material on the wall and what fasteners would be good to use to secure brackets, etc. to it?

Thx!!

Bill Martin

VP, Customer Experience
Staff member
Good morning. We have seen most that install custom solar mount the components to the carpeted wall panels in the storage bay. These walls are secured to an aluminum stud structure and I believe are 3/8” wood panels.

Famtraveler24

Bill, any insight into how people are connecting the DC loads originally connected to the lead acid battery when they are placing new batteries in the basement? I was thinking of using + and - bus bars in the front compartment and running wiring between that compartment, across the basement ceiling and then behind the basement wall, coming through that wall into my 24 to 12v DC to DC converter. Then on back to the distribution panel. Thoughts?