• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Fireplace running but no heat.

2021 310RL. Woke up a couple mornings ago and found the fireplace wasn't putting out any heat. The blower was working, fake fire and all ok just no heat. I removed the glass and inspected the vents. Unplugged the unit for about an hour. Powered it up again and raised the temp setting until the blower came on. Still no heat. I haven't inspected the back end of the fireplace yet. Whoever installed it torqed one of the 4 screws in so much it's deformed the metal around the hole and I've not been able to budge it without beginning to strip it.
Is there a resettable fuse or some sort on these units in the back or is this heater element done for?
 

KCAlis

Well-known member
You may be experiencing what we went through with a fireplace in an earlier TT. In our case a crimped connection on the wire connected to the resistance element burnt off. No fire, thank God. Everything worked but the heating element. The manufacturer replaced it under warranty. Postmortem determined the cause. I used to have pictures! 😃
 
1000001407.jpg
1000001408.jpg
1000001409.jpg
Finally got back to this..I don't see anything amiss with the wiring. No burnt connectors and everything seems attached/connected firmly. A little dusty but nothing heavy enough to block air flow.
Replacement I suppose?
 
Top