• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

F350 6.75’ Bed and Gooseneck Conversion

Turfengineer

This may not be the best location for my question but here we go….

I am looking at a 2023 Avenue 32RSL and my tow vehicle is a 2022 F350 6.75’ bed. Since I routinely tow a gooseneck, I would prefer to use a gooseneck on a fifth wheel travel trailer. I am interested in opinions on a few components:

B&W 4” offset ball
Reese gooseneck (appears not compatible)
Gen-Y gooseneck pin box (fits rhino box)

Has anyone used an offset ball with a Gen-y gooseneck pin box conversion? How did it tow? How did it turn? Any issues with a standard bed F350 other than possible being limited on extreme turns?

As I understand it, the Gen-Y product is not approved by Lippert for use with their frame. Has this changed revelry?

Thank you for all replies.

DanNJanice

I know this is not the components you are looking at.
However, I use the Anderson Ultimate hitch on mine and I really like it. It weights just 40lbs and I can take on/off in about 5 minutes by myself. Once removed, the original 5th wheel ball is still mounted in the bed of the truck. My truck has the factory gooseneck setup from Ford and it fit perfectly. I have never tried to jackknife it, but I bet I could get very close to 90deg with my 6.5ft bed.

Spanter

I have 2022 Alliance Ave with the reese gooseneck 20K with 4"offset ball on my Ram Cummins short bed it is compatable and We love it! it will get pretty close to 90 Degrees.

Turfengineer

Looking on E-trailer, I cannot find the version that is listed as rhino box compatible. I’ll keep looking, thanks for the info.

Turfengineer

The B&W 4” offset ball and 3rd Gen Goosebox worked really well on my way home from picking up the rig. I think I may make one more adjustment, but I got in home.33C19974-AA59-4F14-813F-801D8B789C82.jpeg

CornCrib

The B&W 4” offset ball and 3rd Gen Goosebox worked really well on my way home from picking up the rig. I think I may make one more adjustment, but I got in home.
how close to 90 deg can you get? Wondering if this is a better setup than the Anderson, in avoiding contact with the back window (asking for a friend ;-)

Turfengineer

I got basically to 80-85 degrees in the dealer parking lot but I had a long drive ahead of me so I didn’t get pics or dig into it as much as I should have. My gut tells me 90 degrees is possible on level ground.

I will have the rig out this weekend and I will try to get more precise info for you then.

jknight

This may not be the best location for my question but here we go….

I am looking at a 2023 Avenue 32RSL and my tow vehicle is a 2022 F350 6.75’ bed. Since I routinely tow a gooseneck, I would prefer to use a gooseneck on a fifth wheel travel trailer. I am interested in opinions on a few components:

B&W 4” offset ball
Reese gooseneck (appears not compatible)
Gen-Y gooseneck pin box (fits rhino box)

Has anyone used an offset ball with a Gen-y gooseneck pin box conversion? How did it tow? How did it turn? Any issues with a standard bed F350 other than possible being limited on extreme turns?

As I understand it, the Gen-Y product is not approved by Lippert for use with their frame. Has this changed revelry?

Thank you for all replies.
If you have the factory puck system Gen-y makes this. https://genyhitch.com/product/goosepuck/

svanarts

Is the front cap of the Alliance trailers radiused enough to miss hitting the cab using say an Anderson hitch? Level ground of course.
And is there much of a difference in the front caps of the Avenue and the Paradigm?

CornCrib

Re: Avenue 32RLS and Anderson .. .I have a 2022 F350 SB. I can get pretty close to 90, but not to 90. The cap will touch the back window before 90.

svanarts

That's good to know. I don't even know of a situation where you'd need to go 90 degrees. My travel trailer sure as heck won't go 90 degrees.