• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

F150 Powerboost Hybrid / 262RB

JMarkM

This discussion got started on another thread with @stevez & @dstrait70, as we all either have or are considering the F-150 Powerboost Hybrid towing the Delta 262RB. I personally already have the 2023 F150 Hybrid and am strongly considering the Delta 262RB. Just started this thread so that we can share questions and learnings. Anyone else with experience with either the truck or the trailer please chime in! I am a newbie to the RV experience and looking forward learning the ropes.

JMarkM

Hey @dstrait70, have you put your rig on a CAT scale to see how the weight stacks up? I’m not concerned about the trailer weight, but more about the tongue weight considering the maximum payload of the truck. My max payload is only about 1325 pounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dstrait70

@JMarkM, not yet. I literally picked up the 262RB from the dealer, spent a long weekend on a boondocking trip, and drove it back to the dealer to have some upgrades installed and defects corrected. It’s still at the dealer.

I have read about doing the CAT scale to check weight on the axles but just haven’t gotten that far yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JMarkM

@dstrait70 - Curious what upgrades you are installing and the defects you are having remedied.
Same here. The wife and I just took a 2nd look at the 262RB yesterday and pretty sure that's what we want to go with. I'm pretty much a DIY'er, so will handle most upgrades on my own. I already see one very immediate mod that I will be making to make the dinette table freestanding with collapsible legs as discussed on another thread here. The dealer recommended upgrading to 30 lb LP tanks, but I'm going to asses that need first before adding 20 lbs to my hitch weight. Someone is giving me a Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch, so I plan to use that as well.

dstrait70

Adding a slide topper and a bigger exhaust fan in the bathroom with a remote (my wife can’t reach the switch).

We had two issues on our first trip. The slide would not fully extend to become flush with the floor. It seemed to get worse the more times we extended and retracted. Dealer says there is a bar underneath the slide that spins as it extends and retracts and that the bar is twisted. Not sure how that happened. Waiting for Alliance to approve the warranty work.

The second issue was with the bedroom barn door. My wife was closing the door and it came off the track. The door attaches to the track with a clasp mechanism and I don’t think the clasp was closed during the manufacturing process. So it was just a matter of time before the right tug on the door pulled it off the track. I was able to get the door back on the track but couldn’t quite get the clasp secured because the valance was in the way of my fat fingers. Also, when the door pulled off the track the bottom door guide ripped out of the wall.

Everything else was really well done as far as I can tell. We only spent three nights but I feel like we exercised most of the features.

I am also interested in a freestanding table and saw/responded to the thread you mentioned. Not sure about the holes left behind in the floor. It would be nice if Alliance would offer that as an option.