• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Electric Waste Valve System

I don't have pictures but I can tell you my experience with electric valves. We had them on our previous camper for about 5 years with no issues. The biggest thing is installation and getting them oriented vertically. The mechanic that did the install on mine had a little trouble following instructions which eventually led to an issue. The subsequent owner got something stuck in the valve that might not have happened if it had been installed vertically.

i would suggest looking at the DrainMaster Pro valves instead of the Valterra. One has plastic gears, the other stainless. You want the stainless. I'd also suggest the SeaLevel II gauges at the same time since you have to pull the belly down to to the install of the valves. If memory serves me correctly, the SeaLevel II has the ability to have multiple readouts.

I had the grey tank controls installed inside the camper but had the black tank control installed in the utility compartment. What didn't get done (remember, the mechanic/service writer and instructions) was to put additional grey tank controls in the utility compartment. That meant that I had to dump the black tank and then either go back inside and dump the grey or have my wife do it.

It was great to be able to look at the tank monitor and determine if I needed to lose a little grey water, particularly on a nasty day.

If you want to talk more, let me know.

Grassjohn

I just pulled my 385 out of storage, and having also bent one of my valve handles (due to the awkward reach) I devised a solution; I added a marine hatch in the skirting so I can operate the valves “straight on”.

Attachments

• B76EE281-3070-4649-A618-2029D3113F93.jpeg
    B76EE281-3070-4649-A618-2029D3113F93.jpeg
    200.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 173C5A03-A5DA-4F81-B366-0D8BFD15D0C9.jpeg
    173C5A03-A5DA-4F81-B366-0D8BFD15D0C9.jpeg
    368.6 KB · Views: 40

John R

I just pulled my 385 out of storage, and having also bent one of my valve handles (due to the awkward reach) I devised a solution; I added a marine hatch in the skirting so I can operate the valves “straight on”.
That is a great idea. I just got a new 385 and they are awkward. Ever time I open any of them I lose some skin on my fore arms

John R

I took your idea Grassjohn. It works like a champ. I had the dealer fix the valve and as soon as i got home I installed the marine door that I found on Amazon for $35. It worked like a champ and the valves are so much smoother Pulling straight. I would think Alliance would solve this issue

Attachments

• 76C67A08-C142-4FA0-9765-1E68B8419DDA.jpeg
    76C67A08-C142-4FA0-9765-1E68B8419DDA.jpeg
    586.3 KB · Views: 20

RVforever123

I bent a cable on my 385FL. I am thinking of installing Electric Waste Valves.

Please share your thoughts and experience. And pictures if you have. https://www.valterra.com/product/ez-valve-electric-waste-valve-system-3/
Hi Barry,

You might have already fixed this already but I just joined and recently had to install my ez valve and I think it is the same one you posted here, valterra. I found this article very helpful to follow. I like this because I can print it off and follow, videos go too fast and I have to keep pausing the computer with my dirty fingers! Hope this helps someone in the future!