• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Electric Gray Dump Valve Stuck Open (LaSalle Bristol - Motodrain)

JMask

My front gray tank's electric dump valve is stuck open. The motor cycles to open and shut but the light remains lit indicating the tank valve is open. My drain lines are filled to the Valterra gate valve at the sewer drain outlet. Any suggestions?

BryanValRox

Well, first off, welcome! It's unfortunate you're experiencing this issue.
I will offer some suggestions, assuming you have access to a dump station.
1. I would hook to the station and open the Valterra Valve you likely have installed at the coach outlet with the intent to empty the plumbing.
2. I would try to validate if the valve is truly stuck open or if your issue could just be an indicator light issue, and the act of cycling the valve has filled your plumbing as you describe.
3. You are going to have to get that gray tank complete empty and then with the valve "opened" run some water from a source that would normally drain to this tank. With water flowing from the outlet, cycle the valve and see if the flow reduces and or stops within a minute or two.
4. If the flow continues, it would support you actually have a open valve (when closed)
5. If the flow stops and the indicator light still shows open, you have a issue with your indicator circuit.
6. If this is the case, I have no idea what access you might have to get to the valve, but it would likely require the underbelly to be dropped to gain access and investigate the issue further.
Hope this helps !

JMask

1. Did all of that at the dump station and full hook ups since I purchased a week and half ago.
2. Did that, water does not stop and stays indicating open
3. Flushed numerous times, caused a line at a dump station
4. Valve is stuck open
5. Flow never stopped
6. Waiting on Alliance Customer Service for more assistance / repair direction

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
@JMask - sorry to hear you're having an issue with an electric valve. This is all new territory for us at Alliance and while I did install electric valves on my Paradigm, I used a different brand and don't know much about what we're using. In 6 above, are you saying you're already working with our Customer Service Team on this?

In the mean time, let me get a manual for this part put online and linked in a reply back here.

JMask

@JMask - sorry to hear you're having an issue with an electric valve. This is all new territory for us at Alliance and while I did install electric valves on my Paradigm, I used a different brand and don't know much about what we're using. In 6 above, are you saying you're already working with our Customer Service Team on this?

In the mean time, let me get a manual for this part put online and linked in a reply back here.
I just was contacted and hopefully more information and help is coming my way.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
@JMask - happy to hear our team has engaged you. I was able to get the product installation manual and brochure. Unfortunately, I've not found any sort of troubleshooting tables or guides for the product.

Here's a link to the article for this product on our Owner Empowerment site.

JMask

@JMask - happy to hear our team has engaged you. I was able to get the product installation manual and brochure. Unfortunately, I've not found any sort of troubleshooting tables or guides for the product.

Here's a link to the article for this product on our Owner Empowerment site.
Thank you. I had found that on google as well. No real info other than specs. Patiently waiting for more info other than have you looked at the valve.

BryanValRox

Hi @JMask ,
So, I am not sure what information you found on the net but, just in case this wasn’t it, Jim posted the installation manual on the forum.
(if this link doesn’t work, the one in Jim’s number 6 post does.)
This has great information regarding installation and with basic mechanical knowledgeable one could do some basic troubleshooting.
I see info on pulling a pin for manual override, an adjusting screw for light calibration and recommend installation position etc.
While it won’t help you with access or a warranty claim, it might be enough to get you out of a jam, if you can gain access.
Hope this might help you, if you have already reviewed it, sorry for the repeat post.
Best of luck!

Last edited:

JMask

Hi @JMask ,
So, I am not sure what information you found on the net but, just in case this wasn’t it, Jim posted the installation manual on the forum.
(if this link doesn’t work, the one in Jim’s number 6 post does.)
This has great information regarding installation and with basic mechanical knowledgeable one could do some basic troubleshooting.
I see info on pulling a pin for manual override, an adjusting screw for light calibration and recommend installation position etc.
While it won’t help you with access or a warranty claim, it might be enough to get you out of a jam, if you can gain access.
Hope this might help you, if you have already reviewed it, sorry for the repeat post.
Best of luck!
I have reviewed all of that. I can troubleshoot it, if I could find it. Do I need to drop the underbelly covering? Is there supposed to be an access hole somewhere? I’m not going there start randomly removing stuff and mess up any warranty protection I have. I’m trying to get Alliance to fix this and I keep getting other one item look at this or a single question then “patiently” waiting days for a reply.

BryanValRox

I totally get your concerns and without a doubt this certainly seems like Alliance’s responsibility to resolve.
Either way, it sounds like a trip into the belly of the beast is in someone’s near future. I would certainly think the only access is from underneath and would require dropping at least some of the underbelly covering for access to the valve.
Suggestion only, if you can locate the tank from behind the basement panels and locate your outlet connection, you could get a general sense of it’s location.

While we were learning our tanks before any use, we flushed a tank cut out plug from one of our tanks, Don’t remember which tank it came from, but you could have something similar preventing the valve from closing fully.
Best of luck!

JMask

I totally get your concerns and without a doubt this certainly seems like Alliance’s responsibility to resolve.
Either way, it sounds like a trip into the belly of the beast is in someone’s near future. I would certainly think the only access is from underneath and would require dropping at least some of the underbelly covering for access to the valve.
Suggestion only, if you can locate the tank from behind the basement panels and locate your outlet connection, you could get a general sense of it’s location.

While we were learning our tanks before any use, we flushed a tank cut out plug from one of our tanks, Don’t remember which tank it came from, but you could have something similar preventing the valve from closing fully.
Best of luck!
Thanks. I have found the tank. Next when I get some time is to see if I can access the valve from the pass through area. Alliance is great in that they put an extra piece of underbelly cover over the areas for the valves but no opening under it. Either way, I’m holding out hope Alliance comes through and fixes an issue on a brand new trailer.