• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Effectiveness of Paradigm 310RL triple air contioners

treecatt

I am considering the purchase of a Paradigm 310RL. Can someone tell me their experience with the effectiveness of the triple A/C units? For instance, if outside air temp is 100°F and no shade, what was the interior temp? I recently had a bad experience with my travel trailer that has one A/C. The interior remained uncomfortably warm with an outside air temp of >100°F.

J. Thomas

We used our 310RL in Texas last summer for 3.5 weeks. It was around 110 every day except one, and the campground had NO trees for shade. I think it got to 113 a couple of those days. We ran all 3 A/C units and had them set for about 73. They did cycle on and off, but there was always one or two running, even at night. We were very comfortable. I bought some of the aluminum coated window covering and cut it to fit all the windows that faced west. This really helped, as we only ran two units after this, and they cycled on and off from time to time. Sometimes only one would be running late at night. You will have no trouble staying comfortable in hot weather.

treecatt

We used our 310RL in Texas last summer for 3.5 weeks. It was around 110 every day except one, and the campground had NO trees for shade. I think it got to 113 a couple of those days. We ran all 3 A/C units and had them set for about 73. They did cycle on and off, but there was always one or two running, even at night. We were very comfortable. I bought some of the aluminum coated window covering and cut it to fit all the windows that faced west. This really helped, as we only ran two units after this, and they cycled on and off from time to time. Sometimes only one would be running late at night. You will have no trouble staying comfortable in hot weather.
Thanks for your response. That's exactly what I needed to know. I've also looked at the Grand Design Solitude 310GK which only has two A/C units. I'm not sure it would do as well in conditions like that. I take all their marketing hype with a huge grain of salt. I'm not a fan of the ducting in the Grand Design. I've read comments by a few people where the ducting came disconnected in the ceiling. Fixing it would be a real pain in the rear.

castarod

I only have 2 units and it can barely handle keeping it 79 degrees when it is 100 degrees outside with no sun. In fact my wife now wants me to add a mini split ac unit in the rv to help with the rooftop ac’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grassjohn

There’s plenty of videos and tips, and I had to adjust / fix several in our Paradigm. Check that they’re mounted tight; check that they’re not sucking or blowing conditioned air in/out of the attic space; check the divider between AC intake/exhaust is properly positioned and secure. If one of the units has duct work, check that it’s secured at the AC unit, lines up with the ceiling vents, is closed off on the end (ask me how I know), and again, is not blowing or sucking air from the attic.

castarod

Good to hear the acs performed very well for you!

I was able to install a mini split ac and we used it down in Corpus Christi. It was high 90s there and the mini split working in conjunction with the 2 roooftop units worked great. We had all 3 ac’s working on the highest settings and it got down to 62 in the rv overnight (oops, I didn’t realize it would get that cold). After that we set the thermostats to 67.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozzdog

Thanks for your response. That's exactly what I needed to know. I've also looked at the Grand Design Solitude 310GK which only has two A/C units. I'm not sure it would do as well in conditions like that. I take all their marketing hype with a huge grain of salt. I'm not a fan of the ducting in the Grand Design. I've read comments by a few people where the ducting came disconnected in the ceiling. Fixing it would be a real pain in the rear.
I owned a Keystone Raptor 398PK with 2 AC units. I sleep in the garage. The 2 units were not enough. I haven't camped in my new Valor 44V14 with 3 yet but looking forward to it.