• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Drain feature on the 294RK

Dallas.McLeod

Looking at the mini slide on our 294RK, we are missing an outdoor kitchen but enjoy the cabinet with the tv. When we were looking at the unit we had the idea of making the small storage bin under the outside tv a cooler that has a drain when the ice melts. I’d be curious to see if that is something that is possible or worth adding.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Hi @Dallas.McLeod - congrats on your 294RK.

With regard to your thought of:
"making the small storage bin under the outside tv a cooler that has a drain when the ice melts"

While I'm not very familiar with the 294, while watching a video of the unit, I took the screen capture below. The storage space below the TV looks really small. Unsure how you'd create a usable insulated space for a cooler there. A couple other things to note:
- This is within a slide-out, so the drain would have to be done very well such that it can drain with the slide in or out
- I believe your fireplace is in the lowest space below that TV, so bear that in mind too

Screenshot 2023-12-27 at 10.34.02 PM.png

Dallas.McLeod

While I'm not very familiar with the 294, while watching a video of the unit, I took the screen capture below. The storage space below the TV looks really small. Unsure how you'd create a usable insulated space for a cooler there. A couple other things to note:
- This is within a slide-out, so the drain would have to be done very well such that it can drain with the slide in or out
- I believe your fireplace is in the lowest space below that TV, so bear that in mind too

View attachment 1600
Jim. I agree that it will need to be well thought out and expertly executed. I would think having a plug on one side, much like a chest freezer has, that connects to a drain. It would be recommended to drain it while the slide is out in order to prevent water intrusion inside the unit. I will test out the size this weekend, but I believe it would be big enough to fit cans in or other randoms such as food condiments at a minimum. I will try to grab some photos. Thank you for the feedback!

Dallas.McLeod

View attachment 1600
Jim,
Please see the attached photos as a reference to the size in relation to the tv remote. The width is the entire section of the countertop.

Attachments

• IMG_3930.jpeg
    IMG_3930.jpeg
    326.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3929.jpeg
    IMG_3929.jpeg
    348.7 KB · Views: 7

daemonic3

I specifically measured that area while at the dealership so I can think about how to use it for myself. It is about 10"x10"x47", ignoring the hinges. I know it's azdel throughout but I wouldn't feel confident letting ice melt in there may not damage things, but if you could put a removable tub liner I think a cooler would be awesome! To drain I'd just use one of those siphons that let you steal gas into an old lawnmower or gas can.