• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Door hard to shut

bhidalgo

We had a similar issue with our 310RL as well. Not only was our door hard to shut on our rig, but we also had to remove the screen and remove a screw on the bottom of the door just to be able to close it. It opened up on us TWICE on the highway as well! After multiple trips to the dealer and several months of waiting we ended up getting it warranty replaced. Get it looked at while it's still in warranty. Good luck.

310 RL main door hard to shut, any ideas
One thing to check is if the stairs are all the way down. I have noticed that the stairs can appear to be all the way down but the frame under the door is more than a 1/4" up from the sill. This will make the door hard to shut. If that is not the reason then you really should get the door checked while still under warranty.

RockDr896

My door was very hard to close. The latch plate on the frame looked like it was cut as tight as possible, hence no adjustment could be done. However there is a slight curve in the frame, so I was able to file the curve of the frame and moved it out 1/16". The door now shuts just fine. I still need to close firmly, but it is acceptable. I also had to file the top screw hole a bit in order to use the existing screw hole.

Side note: The CARMTEK 10 digit RV Door lock fits the door I have. Now I have a unique and sturdier key with Key Fob's.

bhidalgo

Oh boy the old "door is dang near impossible to close on my Alliance" issue. We went through 4 doors in total to finally get one to shut correctly (as of yesterday, 02/24/2023)! Rig just finished spending 4 weeks at the dealer to finish up warranty-related repairs that took a total of 10 months to complete (a subject for a different thread entirely). They (the dealer) went through 2 doors in just those 4 weeks due to the doors being bowed. I'm at a loss with getting the main door to close. It seems to work better at closing when we are on the road. At our storage and most campgrounds, is when we seem to have the most issues with closing the door. I just finished replacing the Lippert steps and the safety rail on our rig with new MORryde equivalents. Waiting to see if any of it helps with the door-closing issue.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Did this start to occur a few months after buying the RV? Seems like that would have been noticed/fixed when dealer did their inspection prior to you buying it.