• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Do the 3 A/C units have different BTU rating?

Mazboy

Just wondering if the BTUs are different on the 3 A/Cs. I suspect the one with the 'heat' would be less but I'd like to know from Alliance.

This question is related to running a generator.

Whitewolf

I'm not sure what you mean about 'the one with the heat'. All 3 of ours are 13,500 BTU's. I can tell you that in our 340, the 1st and 3rd are on the same 50 amp leg.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Just wondering if the BTUs are different on the 3 A/Cs. I suspect the one with the 'heat' would be less but I'd like to know from Alliance.

This question is related to running a generator.
Depending on which Alliance brand and floor plan you have - but generally speaking, they are three 13.5k BTU units with one of them being direct dump and the other being ducted. Generally, the ducted unit is used near the primary bathroom in order to get 1 or 2 output vents in there. Most often this is the primary bedroom unit.

When you say "the one with heat", I assume you mean the one that controls the furnace? In that case, yes, still the same AC output of 13.5k BTUs. It's just the one Alliance chose to "control" the furnace. The AC unit does not actually produce heat.

Does this help? Feel free to shoot back more questions and we'll help as best as we can.