• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Do Not Overfill Tank ??

Gord&Cindy

Hello All,
We finally got our new Paridigm 295MK home and one of the first things I'd like to do is sanitize the freshwater tank. I looked in the manual (I know a guy reading the documentation!? ) and in the part about how to set the Nautilus panel for sanitizing, it says in big bold letters "Do Not Overfill the Tank".
What, I thought there was an overfill outlet?
Why would it state not to overfill the tank?
What would happen if I did?

Interested in seeing comments/experiences, as I've filled the freshwater tank till the overflow runs on my 370FB before every trip last two years without any issues. Number one reason I purchase the AllianceRV was freshwater capacity and that they are encase in robust steel cages.

darrell

Perhaps they are worried about high pressure coming into the tank and over-pressurizing the tank quicker than it can flow out of the overflow? Obviously I am not a fluids engineer lol.

CornCrib

I do the same as PrescottNorm. I usually use a meter to measure what's coming in, but when not exactly sure, I let it go until it overflows. No problems yet.

Gord&Cindy

So I think the consensus is there is no real problem in letting the freshwater tank fill until water comes out of the overflow. Perhaps there are situations where the Nautilus Panel would be used and there wasn't an overflow, maybe?

I believe the section in the Alliance manual is copied verbatim from the Nautilus documentation. Makes it a bit harder to know what applies to this specific implementation.

Rydrcoach

I've filled our freshwater tank on our 370FB many times until the overflow starts. I use a meter to gauge but have never had an issue with filling the tank.