• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Dimmer Switches Installed on my 2024 Delta 262RB

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
My son and I just completed the installation of DC Lighting Dimmer Switches in my 2024 Delta 262RB:

Project
Replace OEM light On/Off light switches with On/Off/Dimmer switches

Objective
Have the ability to dim overhead lighting as desired

Products
JR Products 05-12315 - link (purchased from Alliance Parts)
JR Products 12275 - link (purchased from Alliance Parts)
Wago Connectors - link (2 and 3 position)

Installation Process
Alliance wired the light switches with both positive and negative wires present at the switch locations. This made the swap to dimmers very easy. Thank you Alliance :)
  • Determined which lighting circuits we wanted to dim. These were:
    - Kitchen / Living Room
    - Bedroom
    - Slide: Over Recliners
    - Slide: Over Dinette
  • Removed OEM switch.
  • Verified with multimeter, which wire was 12v positive (vs load wire to light).
  • Determined with multimeter, which wire was 12v negative (vs load negatives).
  • Used existing Wago connectors and swapping to Wago connector swith more positions where needed, wired dimmers.
  • Enlargened hold with sharp utility knife or Multi Tool, screwed into place and added cover.
Usage
  • On/Off use is the same as the OEM switch.
  • Dimming is done using the slider next to the switch.
  • Potential future application is to add a second switch to the dimmer for certain circuits to manage On/Off from a second location (3-way circuit).
  • Potential future application is to manage On/Off for certain circuits via Home Assistant.
Maintenance
None.

Experience / Review
Working perfectly thus far and we don't anticipate any change. We've used these dimmers in past RVs with great results.

Pictures
Link to online gallery of all project pictures
IMG_3980 2.jpg IMG_3979 3.jpg IMG_3977 2 (1).jpg

Completed Project Video
N/A

Bozo

My son and I just completed the installation of DC Lighting Dimmer Switches in my 2024 Delta 262RB:

Project
Replace OEM light On/Off light switches with On/Off/Dimmer switches

Objective
Have the ability to dim overhead lighting as desired

Products
JR Products 05-12315 - link (purchased from Alliance Parts)
JR Products 12275 - link (purchased from Alliance Parts)
Wago Connectors - link (2 and 3 position)

Installation Process
Alliance wired the light switches with both positive and negative wires present at the switch locations. This made the swap to dimmers very easy. Thank you Alliance :)
  • Determined which lighting circuits we wanted to dim. These were:
    - Kitchen / Living Room
    - Bedroom
    - Slide: Over Recliners
    - Slide: Over Dinette
  • Removed OEM switch.
  • Verified with multimeter, which wire was 12v positive (vs load wire to light).
  • Determined with multimeter, which wire was 12v negative (vs load negatives).
  • Used existing Wago connectors and swapping to Wago connector swith more positions where needed, wired dimmers.
  • Enlargened hold with sharp utility knife or Multi Tool, screwed into place and added cover.
Usage
  • On/Off use is the same as the OEM switch.
  • Dimming is done using the slider next to the switch.
  • Potential future application is to add a second switch to the dimmer for certain circuits to manage On/Off from a second location (3-way circuit).
  • Potential future application is to manage On/Off for certain circuits via Home Assistant.
Maintenance
None.

Experience / Review
Working perfectly thus far and we don't anticipate any change. We've used these dimmers in past RVs with great results.

Pictures
Link to online gallery of all project pictures
View attachment 1759 View attachment 1760 View attachment 1761

Completed Project Video
N/A
I’m entertaining a future project to relocate some light switches from control panel to wall on my valor. Really dumb thinking on alliance for not using normal light switches.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I’m entertaining a future project to relocate some light switches from control panel to wall on my valor. Really dumb thinking on alliance for not using normal light switches.
What is a normal 12v light switch?

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Normal, as in wall mounted at points of entry, on the wall, not inside the cabinet housing the control panel. Clear as mud?
Ah...now you're talking my line of thinking. :) We did the exact thing you're referring to in our prior RV. Here is the video on how I changed those light switches.