• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Delta Owners - Improvements to your Living Room TV Sound?

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Hello Delta Owners - In my 2024 Delta 262RB, there is no open space around the living room TV to add a sound bar.

I have tried the IRV speaker in the ceiling with mixed success and it's not great sounding to my ears.

The storage space with a flip-up door above the TV looks inviting but...
- I use that for storage of my small electrics (griddle, electric skillet, immersion blender, hand mixer etc.)
- It's WAY high for a sound bar when you're sitting in recliners in the slide across from it

I've considered small speakers mounted on the ceiling in front of the TV. Concerns there are:
- Height from floor to speakers
- Clearance from storage space flip up door
- Clearance from slide room fascia which stops at about the center of the coach

I discounted right away, speakers behind our heads in the slide or on the slide ceiling firing down. Just too sub-optimal for sound imaging.

Any Delta owners have any thoughts?

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
How about 2 sets of nice wireles headphones? Great for watching an immersive movie AND if either one of you go to bed early, the other person can still enjoy a movie/tv show. If you're just watching standard TV (ie..the news and such) then just use the factory sound system.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
How about 2 sets of nice wireles headphones? Great for watching an immersive movie AND if either one of you go to bed early, the other person can still enjoy a movie/tv show. If you're just watching standard TV (ie..the news and such) then just use the factory sound system.
You know Jim - that's not a bad idea. Though it doesn't lend itself to conversation while watching the tube.

As a side note, Nancy and I are both now using Philips Hearing aids. Out of the box, they only pair with our phones - which has been great! With the purchase ($250) of the Philips Audio Clip device, I should be able to connect my hearing aids to my 2019 (Intel processor) MacBook Pro laptop. I'm considering buying the Audio Clip. Or I could drop $3k on a new MacBook Pro with the Apple processor as I understand the Philips hearing aids will connect directly to it. But yeah, $3k - maybe not right now :)

daemonic3

Hi Jim, I'm with you that I want premium sound, I've never used stock speakers through a Jensen or this new IRV (once I fix mine).

I can't tell in the 262rb videos what behind the TV looks like, but in my 294rk I was sold on the simple ledge behind the TV and the 1" gap from the bottom of the TV to that ledge. It looked perfect for my soundbar as long as the directional highs aren't blocked/muffled (if they were I'd just pull the TV out a few inches while in use). Turns out it sounds perfect! Not sure if you've tried a resting soundbar there if yours even has that ledge. That 1" is plenty to let sound through.

Then the best part? There is an outlet behind the theater seats and enough space to have a wireless sub on the floor! In my 2 previous Imagines I had to hide it in the booth storage.

Anyway I'd be in a panic if my wife loved a trailer and I can't find an easy way to do premium sound. When we walked through this unit I sneakily peeked behind the couch and inspected behind the TV before I gave my "wow this unit is beautiful" approval 😂

daemonic3

100%! All electronics and cords must be hidden, especially when not in use. The previous Imagine had a 40" TV like in the 262rb, I built 2 brackets to hold the soundbar above the TV and swivel with it. That was "approved" by the inspector, as long as I put it away when we close up. The downside was that the TV had to be out on the swivel, it couldn't recess with the soundbar there. But that was ok because most of the time we had it out and angled 45 degrees.

The things we do...

I'm having problems pairing my iRV speaker (Delta 262RB). I have a Bose SoundLink Color II: Portable Bluetooth, Wireless Speaker which provides phenomenal sound. Seeing what's written, I am going to purchase a second for the TT. Now if there is a way to connect the TV to the Bose speaker via Bluetooth, I will be in RV heaven.

daemonic3

There HAS to be, as long as you have the same Sansui smart TV everyone else is getting. Are you planning to hide it behind the TV in the hidden storage? I'm curious what it looks like behind the TV in a 262. If you do that then you may want to consider a surround sound bar for that ledge and wireless sub. Just thinking that if its behind the TV you could use a digital connection for surround, whereas bluetooth A2DP streaming is limited to stereo (if that matters). The 1" or so gap under the TV is enough to pass through highs without voices sounding muffled, in my weekend of use so far.

The dimensions are 2.2 x 5 x 5.2 inches. Bose is IMO, the best sound and this little feller delivers a robust sound. I have it setting on the ledge immediately behind the TV and when the TV is strapped, the Bose will not move, no attaching anything.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
The dimensions are 2.2 x 5 x 5.2 inches. Bose is IMO, the best sound and this little feller delivers a robust sound. I have it setting on the ledge immediately behind the TV and when the TV is strapped, the Bose will not move, no attaching anything.
Hi @HD Road King - are you using the Bose speaker while its sitting behind the TV? Can you add a picture or two here and also the model of speaker you're using? Thanks.

daemonic3

I don't doubt it sounds great! I love my JBL xtremes and Anker soundcores too, as wireless speakers. I'm just noting that if it has a permanent home behind the TV, you don't need to use a lossy wireless connection (like Bluetooth A2DP) when you could use digital (optical or coax) and have even more options for sound.

I searched the Bose site and could not find the Bose SoundLink Color II, but I did find it on Amazon and others by doing a google search anywhere from $120 (Amazon) to $266. Note: this speaker is battery powered as well, so you don't need to be plugged in.

Attachments

• IMG_1467[1].JPG
    IMG_1467[1].JPG
    397.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1468[1].JPG
    IMG_1468[1].JPG
    334.1 KB · Views: 8