• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Delta Features and Options

It’s looking like the Deltas are starting to show up on dealer lots here and there, but the Alliance website still lacks a lot of information on them. Any idea when or where we can see a list of features and options?

Delta262

It’s looking like the Deltas are starting to show up on dealer lots here and there, but the Alliance website still lacks a lot of information on them. Any idea when or where we can see a list of features and options?
Nothing has changed, unfortunately. We are supposedly taking delivery thursday, but no owner’s manual, or other ‘normal’ documentation for camping trailers. Our dealer is as out of the loop as we are.

I take delivery on Saturday. Hopefully information about the trailers will come out soon. Our dealer just said they are probably the same as the fifth wheels. Hoping we didn't make a mistake. It appears to be a quality trailer, only time will tell. I was kind of disappointed in the small propane tanks and the lack of the MorRyde suspension parts. They could have used Maxxfans with only one ceiling vent in the trailer it wouldn't of added to much more in cost to build.

Nice trailer. I wish they would have made the cabinet doors that lift up stay open by themselves, same with the bedside storage. Some sort of bumper to keep that glass doors from hitting the side of the trailer would be nice. Seems like a couple inexpensive ways to make a $55k trailer work like one. I had a backup camera along with side marker cameras installed and to be honest that has been a waste of money so far. Too much lag between camera and display.

Delta262

On our first trip. 1. at about 68 miles the light strip fell off…held on by where it connects. 2. First shower: water everywhere! Leaked around and under the shower door. 3. Hadn’t noticed, but there is only one outlet in the main cabin area. 4. One door inside must be replaced in dinette. This is only a partial list for now. Alliance did some crappy work!!!

Delta262

Just noticed the propane tank enclosure isn’t connected to anything. It merely rests on the tongue…not bolted or screws down

I just noticed a big scratch on the dinette cabinet door. When the slide is in it makes contact with the fold down countertop. Seems like Alliance is lacking attention to detail. Hopefully most of the issue that are sure to crop up can be fixed.

Delta262

Yes, it is a bad design. I’m going to look at a rare earth magnet to hold the fold down shelf tighter to the cabinet. Alliance did some baaadddd design/construction.

Sonpower

We took delivery on our 262RB last August (2023); It has the potential to be a GREAT trailer, the materials (Azdel, aluminum frame etc) are excellent for the most part, but here are the problems we have encountered:
1) The first week we had it in the driveway, it rained, so we had the awning out. The rear awning arm broke at the awning head, (only held to the rail by one scew! Nice job, Lippert) After a couple of months, Giant RV, our dealer tried to fix it but didn't put back in the mounting screws to the awning roller tube cap, to it wobbled as it was rolling up. Giant RV got some repair parts locally as I understand, and after a couple more weeks, it was "fixed" although it still won't roll up from the pass through switch (voltage drop maybe?) My opinion is this awning is too long for the materials used (21' is pretty darn long) and the roller tube has way too much sag
2) Poor workmanship on the led strips under the kitchen counter - they fell down and for the first few trips we were constantly sticking them back up
3) Poor workmanship on the backsplash wallpaper behind the kitchen sink - it still tries to peel away from the wall
4) After about 4 trips what looks like a bolt head is protruding from the floor under the linoleum in front of the refrigerator - we have a service appointment for this in a couple of weeks
5) On our last trip the other day, the right rear wheel started smoking on the freeway (brake shoes hanging up?) Never had that happen on any trailer I've had!
6) The tubes holding up the dinette table are almost impossible to remove to make the dinette into a bed. after 3 trips, the screws holding the base plate to the floor for the tubes pulled out - this table should have been designed with it's own collapsible base similar to the Jayco we traded in for it
7) This is my main complaint about this trailer - and it's a major one - the kitchen sink has its own separate grey tank and it has to be dumped or hooked up separately. That's bad enough, but the dump valves are cable operated (how long before they fail??) - and - they are not accessible unless you pull the slide out in!!! (unless you want to crawl under the slide out) I am an older guy and I can';t do that very well - and who wants to?? This is the crappiest design of all. I saw a couple of previews of this trailer and they showed the front sink connected to the bath grey tank. I guess they redesigned that?? WTH

I should've bought the Cougar like I originally wanted, I guess

Sonpower

I just noticed a big scratch on the dinette cabinet door. When the slide is in it makes contact with the fold down countertop. Seems like Alliance is lacking attention to detail. Hopefully most of the issue that are sure to crop up can be fixed.
Ours had the same problem, they had to change the door (lower cabinet on the dinette) when we took delivery

andy_anderson

Ours had the same problem, they had to change the door (lower cabinet on the dinette) when we took delivery
ours flip down shelf is also making contact with the door. Giant RV said theyre wasnt a fix for it "at this time". our backsplash is also bubbled away from the wall behind the kitchen sink, submitted a claim with some other warranty fixes and was told its "working as designed" for now. until it starts to completely fall off the wall, hopefully before the warranty expires i guess we get to just deal with it.

I take delivery on Saturday. Hopefully information about the trailers will come out soon. Our dealer just said they are probably the same as the fifth wheels. Hoping we didn't make a mistake. It appears to be a quality trailer, only time will tell. I was kind of disappointed in the small propane tanks and the lack of the MorRyde suspension parts. They could have used Maxxfans with only one ceiling vent in the trailer it wouldn't of added to much more in cost to build.
I agree, no Maxxfan is a big miss. This will be one of the first things I will change out. I was also disappointed with no locks on the 252RL outdoor grill compartment.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
I agree, no Maxxfan is a big miss. This will be one of the first things I will change out. I was also disappointed with no locks on the 252RL outdoor grill compartment.
My bathroom fan has been swapped out for a Maxxfan. Because the standard fan is switched on 'at the fan', there is no control/thermostat wire run to it. As such, I use the Maxxfan with the handheld remote control and wall cradle.

My bathroom fan has been swapped out for a Maxxfan. Because the standard fan is switched on 'at the fan', there is no control/thermostat wire run to it. As such, I use the Maxxfan with the handheld remote control and wall cradle.
did you do it or did you have it done? is it a direct replacement size-wise( i.e. no drilling/cutting req'd)? any rewiring required? thanks

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
It's a direct replacement as the hole Alliance frames is standard 14" square. I supplied the fan to the plant and they installed it during the build.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
thanks. you had the factory do it. i wonder if an old man with a screw driver and a short ladder could do this job. anyone?
Yes - during the build.
Yes, this is a DIY job as well.

I'll give you some steps I'd follow. That said, I don't have your fan and have not done this before, so some of the steps below are my own sense of what I'd be doing:

1. Using a #2 square drive bit to remove the interior plastic garnish*
    * I am unsure what the standard fan install looks like but the above is still likely accurate

2. Disconnect the power wire at the fan

3. Outside, remove the self-leveling caulk from around the fan frame, then remove the screws holding the frame down

4. From the outside, pull up on the fan frame to remove

5. Clean residue from roof around where fan was sealed.

6. Follow the instructions with the new fan to install it
While this guy's OEM fan may not be the same as yours, his install video may inform your plans for how to replace yours.

daemonic3

Yes - during the build.
Yes, this is a DIY job as well.

I'll give you some steps I'd follow. That said, I don't have your fan and have not done this before, so some of the steps below are my own sense of what I'd be doing:

1. Using a #2 square drive bit to remove the interior plastic garnish*
    * I am unsure what the standard fan install looks like but the above is still likely accurate

2. Disconnect the power wire at the fan

3. Outside, remove the self-leveling caulk from around the fan frame, then remove the screws holding the frame down

4. From the outside, pull up on the fan frame to remove

5. Clean residue from roof around where fan was sealed.

6. Follow the instructions with the new fan to install it
While this guy's OEM fan may not be the same as yours, his install video may inform your plans for how to replace yours.
That is *exactly* how we did our maxxfan installs in our previous trailer, down to the butyl tape and lap self leveling sealant. He's not wrong about the prep. Peeling up the old sealant and tape is the worst part and I remember very tired thumbs and fingers, everything else was easy. Anyone with arthritis will definitely need a helper or hairdryer.