• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Delta 292RL sanitizing confusion

greensinWA

According to the owner's manual
Fill and/or Sanitize the Fresh Water Tank with the Pump Using the convenient Sanitizing Valve, Hose and Water Pump, it’s easy to sanitize your plumbing system, water taps and other water using items.​
1. Remove felted panel from center of aft wall of the pass-through storage bay to expose the water pump and Sanitizing Valve and Suction Hose.​
2. Prepare water or sanitizing solution in a bucket, then place bucket on floor of pass-through storage bay.​
3. Rotate the sanitizing valve so the valve handle is in line with the sanitizing hose.​
4. Remove the cap from the end of the sanitizing hose, place it in the bucket and secure it from falling out.​
5. Turn the Water Pump ON and allow the system to water system pressurize.​
6. Once pressurized, open all water using taps and other water using items., one-at-a-time, hot and cold.​
7. When system is sanitized, turn water pump OFF, rotate sanitize valve in line with the water pump, remove sanitizing hose from bucket and replace cap on end of hose.​
I'm confused on how to add bleach to the fresh water tank. Does the pump next to the sanitizing hose feed into the tank? It does not seem like it is connected. Is there a second pump which goes from the tank to the water lines in the rest of the trailer and this pump is just for suctioning for sanitizing and winterizing?

I have seen the tip to just add the bleach water solution to the hose, so I know that's an option.

We do not yet have this trailer and am currently in the research stage, so I can't just "try it out".

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I'm old school...I pour the bleach into the hose and connect to RV. 1/4 cup of bleach for every 15 gallons.

The method you've listed above, seems like it avoids the tank and simply runs the bleach solution through the lines. I like to let my bleach solution sit overnight in the tank, so the tank is also sanitized.

Bozo

I'm old school...I pour the bleach into the hose and connect to RV. 1/4 cup of bleach for every 15 gallons.

The method you've listed above, seems like it avoids the tank and simply runs the bleach solution through the lines. I like to let my bleach solution sit overnight in the tank, so the tank is also sanitized.
That’s the way I’ve always done it as well.

greensinWA

That's what I was thinking as well, but the instructions are not clear especially since they tell you to sanitize the fresh tank. Thanks!