• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Delta 262RB Antenna Connections

Sonpower

We just got our trailer back from the dealer after they had to repair the Lippert awning that broke the first week I had it. I was anxious to wire for my satellite and add the TV in my bedroom. I had emailed Alliance regarding the coax wiring on the unit, but they couldn't give me a diagram (new model and all?) They still don't have an owner's manual for it.

I am an electrician by trade and have extensive low voltage experience as well. When I started tracing out the lines behind the TV, I pulled out the Winegard TV amp/switch, and isolated the runs. I kept getting strange readings on a couple of the runs. I removed the control panel next to the door for access, and I found they had installed (2) Splitters! They didn't need them, because the Winegard control has (4) amplified TV outs, and I was told by Alliance that they have provided a bunch of different runs so the customer can accommodate almost any AV system they want, which I agree with- it's pretty flexible. However, I don't know why they can't give a new customer an owner's manual and wiring diagram- surely they didn't just haphazardly put the trailer together without a plan.

I was able to connect everything like I wanted, and even get my Dish HDMI from the Main TV back to the bedroom with a pair of HDMI over Coax modems. I really like how the trailer is built, and they have some great ideas with the features, but the lack of an owner's manual and wiring diagram really ticks me off

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Hi @Sonpower - Sorry that you had so much trouble on the coax system and glad you got it working like you needed.

The Delta Owners Guide has been written and is being reviewed and edited now. I'd guess we'll be releasing it by the end of the month.

I work for Alliance RV and I work from remote in Texas. I also just had a Delta 262RB built for me! Let me share an image with you of how I think the coax is wired.

IMAGE BELOW IS DELTA-ONLY AND IS DRAFT AT THIS TIME

1697162585160.png

Bear in mind, I don't have my Delta yet. It's still in Elkhart but when I get it, I will map the coax system out and refine this document. Until then, kindly review this and let me know where the splitters were found and in what lines etc. That will help me and others going forward. I can also speak with the Delta team about the use of splitters.

If it works for you, feel free to print the image, mark it up and email it to me at jim.beletti@alliancerv.com

Thank you!

Sonpower

This is great Jim- thank you. I found one 2-way splitter with input from TV2 on the Winegard switch and split to the bedroom and right side pass-through for the external TV, the other was input from TV4 and the two outputs were split, one to the Main TV on the plate next to the Booster switch and to one of the floating leads behind the utility panel like you show. I was able to get everything hooked up just the way I wanted, like I said, Alliance has provided everything you should need, but the splitters threw me off; No big deal though, once I opened the main control panel, I saw the splitters, and removed them.

Actually, I made the shakedown trip with just the main TV and I was wondering why I had such a weak signal at a local Park

The diagram makes sense now. The only thing I would add would be the actual color codes of the coax cables. This is a great feature.

For other RVers, FYI, my experience with Dish and (2) Wallys from my last TT made me understand that you NEVER want (2) separate Receivers with one antenna with an RV, what a series of headaches making that work (as in slit-your-wrist hard). Instead, because the Wally-remotes are RF paired, we keep one remote in the bedroom and the other in the Living room, and I connected a powered HDMI splitter at the Wally behind the Main TV, used the HDMI over Coax to get the signal to the bedroom (in our previous trailer, I installed an HDMI cable from front to the rear.

Thanks for your help!
Luke Harrison
Harrison Electric & Solar
Whittier, Ca

Last edited: