• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Delivery to dealer or go to Elkhart to pick it up?

LuckyDog23

After seeing so much damage done in transit and then the frustration expressed by members who took possession at a local dealership I’m wondering should we just go to Elkhart and get it there. It will be the same horrendous roads to bring it home, but the towing will be done by us, not some random contract driver. I’ve seen where some of the YouTube video owners have taken their trailers for upgrades, but I think these YouTube folks are sponsored/partnered by Alliance and other companies as well, like Rich Solar, Battle Born, Morryde etc.What about us regular folks without a YouTube channel? Can we do this as well? The closest dealer is 200 miles north of us I think.

LuckyDog23

In that case should we buy it closer to Alliance to have anything fixed? We are way far from there in California.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I chose Bish RV in Iowa for our 340RL. Was close enough to Alliance if i needed any work done, plus there is a Bish in Oregon (where I am from)

LuckyDog23

We are pretty much stuck having to go out of state to find the model we want since no dealers have a 295MK. And he ones I’ve spoken to try to get us to buy a Montana LOL. I Have been inside two 310RL models, one at dealership with bedroom slide in. Not really helpful but then we encountered a couple who recently purchased a 310RL and the lady of the house graciously gave me a very in-depth tour of the entire rig. It was seeing how high the cabinets are from the floor than caused me to flip flop on my original decision.

I honestly don’t know how to go about ordering one if there’s no dealership within 300 miles. Do we just flip a coin give them our money and drive there and hope for the best? Then go back to retrieve it? We want to order with the upgraded axles and independent suspension. And add a NPS genset. We still have some breathing room before the order goes in. We are selling our primary residence and it’s still a huge work in progress. Buyers keep adding on demands or asking for exorbitant allowances. You’d think what with the housing market and shortages in affordable housing etc someone would be happy to find a home in California close to shopping and easy commute to Bay Area for under $700. Every demand is eating into our fifth wheel budget. We hoped to be out of here by now and not camping in our backyard in our Class A lol.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
@LuckyDog23 - should you not find what you need in-state, there are a few dealers that do a great job working with customers from remote and having them come in for a pickup. Apologies that I can't give dealer recommendations but other Allies here and on our Alliance RV Group on Facebook can tell you who they've worked with and who it worked out.

LuckyDog23

That sounds like a plan. However I’d like to see an actual model in person before spending a huge chunk of money. It’s not like a pair of shoes from Amazon that you can return if they hurt your feet!

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
That sounds like a plan. However I’d like to see an actual model in person before spending a huge chunk of money. It’s not like a pair of shoes from Amazon that you can return if they hurt your feet!
I agree on seeing in person. And if you can't find one in Cali, you may have to fly/drive to see one. Once you land on a specific Alliance brand and floor plan, I'd like you to call our Sales team and ask them to check out lot-stock to find the unit of interest, nearest to you.

SALES: 574.281.9869

LuckyDog23

Seems we missed most of the Northern California shows - probably won’t be more until spring. We missed that boat…