• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Connecting Victron Equipment to Home Assistant

Ben and Kathy

@Jim Beletti Starting a new thread...

Refering to this post in the solar thread, did you follow these instructions on the HASS forum to connect your Victron setup to Home Assistat? If not, can you refer me to the setup instructions that you used? I sure I can figure it out but would love to learn from someone who has already blazed a path...

What do you do for the location information for Home Assistant; do you leave it your home address or change it to where you are camping?

Ben and Kathy

Well, took off the week of Thanksgiving from work and went camping with my Wife. Focusing on projects. First indoor project (It rained yesterday / today) was to add data from our Victron power system to Home Assistant. Success!!! Still have some tweaking to do on the icons but that's eye candy...

These two were the most helpful links: (I combined from both)

Victron Data in HomeAssistant - How to set up initial connection
Victron Venus OS with MQTT sensors, switches and numbers

Tomorrow I'm adding Zigbee Door sensors to each compartment (Aqara on Black Friday sale on Amazon 3x 3 pack) and maybe one or two more ruuvi temperature sensors.

Next season, adding Mopeka tank level sensors for fresh water and the waste tanks.

Screenshot was taken after dark so no solar production...

HASS Victron.jpeg