• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Condensation Leak, Maybe?

TheRayQuelines

We have been plugged in while in the driveway with the fridge running on electrical power, opened the unit up tonight to prep for an upcoming trip and noticed a pretty significate leak coming from the fridge. I checked the drain line outside and did not appear clogged as the tray was completely full of water - pic taken after some of the water was drained out.. Initially thought it may have been the condensation tray inside the unit not seeded completely against the back (certainly a design improvement opportunity)and water may be dripping down the inside back wall as there was standing water at the bottom of the fridge. After cleaning up all of the water noticed a few more drops coming from the bottom right of the door and almost appears to be seeping through the small opening that supports the hinge?
Freezer has some frost but not much considering it has been sitting for a while.
Any thoughts?
20230630_205103.jpg20230630_200301.jpg20230630_205103.jpg
20230630_200301.jpg

Grassjohn

We have the Norcold RV 4-door fridge in our 2021 Paradigm 385FL. We had the same issue you’re describing. I fastened the interior drip tray to the interior back wall of the fridge with 2 small screws - and caulked the crack at the top rear edge. I also took the drain tube out of the exterior black tray and ran it out the access vent, so no water accumulates in that tray - that’s how all my previous campers had the drain configured.