• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Compressor Soft Start Control Board

JMask

Member
Anyone have any info or experience with the “compressor soft start control board” installed on some Coleman Mach ACs in the same compartment as the capacitors?
 

Attachments

  • 34E62FFE-4F63-4D4B-9019-42D6ECAE0E87.jpeg
    34E62FFE-4F63-4D4B-9019-42D6ECAE0E87.jpeg
    275.4 KB · Views: 8

SKYSKIOC

Well-known member
are these soft start? a pretty good thing to have and install. I have triple AC units on my 2024 32 RLS and was thinking of installing these
 

George

Prominent Member
For comparison this is the inside of the Coleman brand SS.
I installed these on all three and one only of them lasted just a few weeks. Coleman sent me a new one and so far they are all still working >1yr later. The upside of that is that they didn't ask me to return the old one so now I have a nice water proof project box for something.
Soft Start Innards .jpeg
 

WE3ZS

Active member
I installed the Coleman branded soft starts on 2 of our 3 AC units, both failed within 5 weeks. Both were replaced by Coleman quickly without needing the old ones back, so I too have little waterproof project boxes. The new ones are now over 1.5 years old and doing well, I think that they had a bad batch of them go out and they were quick to replace those know faulty units.
 
Will this kit work on Mach3 38300 series on my Paradigm? When I got to Amazon is references 45,47 and 48 series??
Never mind a little more research shows it compatible with the newer models with R32 refrigerant 37xx and 38xx
 
Last edited:

George

Prominent Member
Will this kit work on Mach3 38300 series on my Paradigm? When I got to Amazon is references 45,47 and 48 series??
Never mind a little more research shows it compatible with the newer models with R32 refrigerant 37xx and 38xx
Are you sure it's a 38300? The only thing I see on the Coleman website for Mach 3's is 382xx-xxxx.
In any case the Coleman website reiterates what you saw on Amazon... the kit "Fits Coleman-Mach Series 45000, 47000 and 48000 air conditioners" https://coleman-mach.com/products/climate-control-accessories/soft-start-kit/
There are other manufactirers of Soft Start Kits. Maybe one of them will work.
 
Top