• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Closet rod placement

Sneeg

We just received our 2023 Paradigm 310RLS and I am wondering if our closet rod was placed in the wrong spot. My shirts hit the back shelf rather than hanging freely. I think the closet rod was hung too close to the back shelves and should have been placed at least two inches closer to the closet door side. Moving the rod would not interfere with the closet doors sliding and/or shutting because there is plenty of extra space.

Does anyone else have this issue? Is it a design flaw or was my closet rod installed incoorectly?

Thanks for any help!

CornCrib

Don't see any issue with moving it, if that's what fits your needs. We replaced ours with a smooth rod .. the indentations in the OEM rod made it inconvenient to push hung clothes out of the way to get to the back and side shelves.

Sneeg

Thanks CornCrib. I think we will probably end up moving it. I just wasn't sure if it our closet rod had been hung in the wrong spot and I could have it fixed while I am getting some other warranty work done.

bhidalgo

We flipped ours around. Rod bows backward vs original forward and we have PLENTY of room for handing shirts now.
End holes are the same. Middle of rod moves back.
(Please ignore mess in closet - we’re at Fort Wilderness on our anniversary trip)

Attachments

• IMG_3729.jpeg
    IMG_3729.jpeg
    345.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3728.jpeg
    IMG_3728.jpeg
    406.7 KB · Views: 17
In our 2023 385FL I moved the closet rod in the washer/dryer prep about 3 inches toward the back so we could hang a coat rack on the inside of the door. 1712750703980.png. But then in the "closet" right next to it I had to buy childrens clothes hangers since that closet was not deep enough for full size hangers to hang freely.

I think modification on the closet rods is pretty normal.

Last edited: