• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Closet Door Solution: Paradigm 310RL

JNJPJ

New member
Our doors flew off on our trip home from the dealer. Our mobile On-site RV Tech came up with this solution. He moved the track hardware attached to the top of the doors over, allowing them to open a bit further. Then used braided picture wire to wrap the swivel latch on the hardware in the closed position. He added a rubber stop on the outside lower edge of both doors allowing the stop to rest against the side wall when the doors are open. Then installed matching latches to the center, backside of the doors and the closet wall. When we travel, the doors are latched open. The wire doesn't show and the stoppers and hardware look like they were original design. We'll be testing them out on our next out with the trailer, but the doors feel very solid. Thanks to Nathan at Canyon RV in Utah. He was very thoughtful and concerned about aesthetics as well as reliability in designing his solution.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0840.jpeg
    IMG_0840.jpeg
    312.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0837.jpeg
    IMG_0837.jpeg
    279.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0838.jpeg
    IMG_0838.jpeg
    320.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0839.jpeg
    IMG_0839.jpeg
    372.8 KB · Views: 43

kmac7800

Active member
We just took our doors out. They were in the way of this (phat) a$$ to get into bed, and were constantly banging against the wall where they we tied off to. So now they sit in our shed, and the bedroom is so much nicer without them.

Good luck and have fun!

//KMac
 

JNJPJ

New member
We just took our doors out. They were in the way of this (phat) a$$ to get into bed, and were constantly banging against the wall where they we tied off to. So now they sit in our shed, and the bedroom is so much nicer without them.

Good luck and have fun!

//KMac
That works! Same to you-- enjoy your travels!
 

Lantley

Prominent Member
I like the idea of removing the doors. The only downside i see is the closet area is noticeably colder than the bedroom area when its cold out..
If you cold weather camp the cold closet air could make the bedroom chilly. Certainly not a reason to not remove doors but it is something to consider
 

Mazboy

Well-known member
I agree with lantely, you remove the doors and then you have to deal with additional heat/cold.

But Alliance needs to improve on there door designs....I had to change out the bumpers and several of the doors.
 

Hotrodjohn

Well-known member
Ya I added candy cane holds to ours in the open position as well as framed the jambs to secure the bottom track. Have fun. They are all handyman specials 😀
 

ScooterB

Member
Our barn doors kept falling off and the screws holding the roller brackets kept working out, causing the brackets to move and the doors to slide too far and doors to fall off. I removed the lower screw from the brackets and drilled all the way through the door. I then replaced that old wood screw with a longer machine thread screw and washers and nuts. The brackets are now firmly mounted and the original screws in the wood are no longer working out of the wood. I used auto touch-up paint to paint the screw heads to match the originals. Problem solved, no more issues.
 
Last edited:

rshankel

Member
We just took our doors out. They were in the way of this (phat) a$$ to get into bed, and were constantly banging against the wall where they we tied off to. So now they sit in our shed, and the bedroom is so much nicer without them.

Good luck and have fun!

//KMac
Hello,
We had the right hand door come from its transport position and knock the thermostat loose from the wall near the curb side of our 310RL.
CAN you tell me how to remove the doors from the track?
Thanks,
Roy
 

kmac7800

Active member
Roy,

If I remember correctly, I had to unscrew the track from the ceiling and then run the doors off of the track. However, I have had alcohol and slept once or twice since then, so I could be off ;-)

I remember it being difficult to do by myself, but I was motivated.

Good luck!

//KMac
 

BryanValRox

Elite Member
Hello,
We had the right hand door come from its transport position and knock the thermostat loose from the wall near the curb side of our 310RL.
CAN you tell me how to remove the doors from the track?
Thanks,
Roy
On top of the hardware that connects the door to the track hardware, there is a swing latch that needs rotated to the unlock position. Once unlatched the door comes right off.

The process takes less then a minute once you understand the latch on the door roller hardware.
 

BryanValRox

Elite Member
While we are talking about interior doors.
I recently readjusted the floor mounted door guides so that the doors don’t swing back and forth as much in the guide.

All you need to do is removed the two screws, insert a spacer of your choice( I used about a 1/8 thick piece of card board) push in on the guide to squeeze it snug to the door with the cardboard in place. Reinsert the screws and remove your cardboard spacer.

They now move much less on travel days.

You may need to play with spacer thickness until the movement is reduced to your liking.

And example to help you understand.
 
Top