• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Bike Racks for E Bikes ON 5TH WHEELS (ADDED QUIKRSTUFF)

Mazboy

There seems to be only 2 E Bike racks out there that say safe for 'E Bikes on 5th wheels'. Be aware, many say 'RV certified' but they don't include 5th wheels as RVs.

Swagman, Hollywood AND Quikrstuff do make 5th wheel E Bike racks. Quikrstuff states it is certified for a 5th wheel.

Last edited:

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
This is the one we have for our e-bikes. Our e-bikes are more focused on riding trails vs cruising, so they are lighter than most. Mine is 38lbs and my wifes is 35lbs. Ours do not have a cruse mode, where you just hold a throttle and go. If we don't pedal, we don't go anywhere. :oops:

Here is a picture of my wife on her "Liv" e-bike in Glacier last summer
1709055677239.png

Bozo

I used a magicycle brand on my old 5er but I mounted up on the pin box so not as much bouncing up there. I think weight rating on those was 150lbs. My bikes are at 72lbs. Each.IMG_5199.jpeg

Mazboy

You discover something new everyday. Bottomline, I'd suggest that before you purchase a bike rack for E bikes make sure it states 'rated for 5th wheel trailers' and the number of bikes you want to carry.

One of the above racks rated their E bike rack for 'trailers' but only one bike, not two.

Do your research

TJJ

Just my 2 cents.Swagman e-spec racks are bulletproof .We haul 2 heavy e bikes and they don’t budge.Quite spendythough.

Bozo

Just my 2 cents.Swagman e-spec racks are bulletproof .We haul 2 heavy e bikes and they don’t budge.Quite spendythough.
$$$ is relative…e bikes are $$$ as well. Wait….these rv’s are $$$$$$, :ROFLMAO::oops:

Reactions: TJJ
I'm going to jump in with my "two cents worth" here. I purchased a 2024 Delta 251BH in late fall and have spent the winter months researching and planning for the summer tours. For years I've been hauling my road, mountain and fat tire bikes in the bed of my old F-250 crew cab. A Leer cap has allowed me to keep the bikes out of the weather and safe under lock and key. We replaced the 2012 Ford with a 2022 diesel F-250 and just today, committed 7K for a new Leer cap and a Decked sliding platform for bike storage. I can't count the number of patella tendon strains I've had from crawling inside the truck bed to lock down opposing bikes to maximize the number of bikes we can carry. We plan to carry two e-bikes and one carbon road bike at all times, representing over 15K investment. The Decked drawer will allow me to lift the heavy e-bikes while standing on the side of the platform. I considered bike racks mounted on the trailer bumper and over the gas tanks on tongue of the trailer, but just couldn't bring myself to subjecting the bikes to the weather and road grime. I will be installing a secured generator platform to the bumper hitch on the back of the trailer. Thanks to everyone that has offered their thoughts and opinions to date. Happy travels everyone.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
........ and just today, committed 7K for a new Leer cap and a Decked sliding platform for bike storage. ...................
If I didn't have a 5th wheel, I would 100% be doing the exact same thing you're doing. That is a great solution to keep bikes safe AND out of the weather.

Mazboy

This thread was specific to 5th wheels. What you are saying is great but doesn't work on 5th wheels.
I'm going to jump in with my "two cents worth" here. I purchased a 2024 Delta 251BH in late fall and have spent the winter months researching and planning for the summer tours. For years I've been hauling my road, mountain and fat tire bikes in the bed of my old F-250 crew cab. A Leer cap has allowed me to keep the bikes out of the weather and safe under lock and key. We replaced the 2012 Ford with a 2022 diesel F-250 and just today, committed 7K for a new Leer cap and a Decked sliding platform for bike storage. I can't count the number of patella tendon strains I've had from crawling inside the truck bed to lock down opposing bikes to maximize the number of bikes we can carry. We plan to carry two e-bikes and one carbon road bike at all times, representing over 15K investment. The Decked drawer will allow me to lift the heavy e-bikes while standing on the side of the platform. I considered bike racks mounted on the trailer bumper and over the gas tanks on tongue of the trailer, but just couldn't bring myself to subjecting the bikes to the weather and road grime. I will be installing a secured generator platform to the bumper hitch on the back of the trailer. Thanks to everyone that has offered their thoughts and opinions to date. Happy travels everyone.