• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Access hole in floor under the kitchen sink

i just purchased my '24 262rb. i noticed the factory did a good job sealing the holes in the underbelly cover(except for several weep holes). since we live on property in the woods with 13 bazillion mice, i wanted to go the extra mile and fill in all the floor holes. wwwelll, i found a hole about 10" square under the sink where all the hvac ducts goes. i started to be a carpenter and cover this hole with 1/4" luan when i thought that this hole perhaps was put there on purpose, providing the furnace with a cold air return. can any other 262rb owners help me with this? i don't want to screw around with a propane furnace. thanks in advance.

for those interested in this topic, an update: i talked to the factory folks. the rep said that this whole varies in size depending on who is cutting the hole. uh, okay. but, he said, it is not a cold air return. so, i will close it up and seal it. fyi

Havic406

I'm interested in seeing how you closed it up as I need to do the same after finding mice love to run in kitchen cabnets threw the underbelly. I can't find a hole they came threw but once in they love to hang out behind the cabnets.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
@charley patton - I have a Delta 262RB and can tell you where 3 access holes are in the floor of my unit:
- Kitchen: Behind the furnace and water heater (for plumbing and heat ducts)
- Living Room: Behind AC Breaker Pane (for wiring)
- Bathroom: Under Shower (for plumbing and heat duct)

The one under the shower pan, by far is the largest. One day, when I'm done running wiring and tweaking my plumbing, I may seal these up (from the bottom) and apply some expanding spray foam (from the top).