• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Avenue OTG Package Inverter Install

RichieW13

It looks like the Avenue OTG Package includes everything except an inverter.

• OTG Package:
  • - 320 watt panel
  • - 20 amp controller
  • - inverter prep
  • - Multiple dedicated outlets

What all is required in order to install the inverter?

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
There are many ways to wire/connect an inverter and many inverteres to choose from. I did this video a while back using a GoPower IC2000 (2000w inverter and conveter...combo device). This will give you a basic understanding of what is involved. Today, I would say the industry gold standard would be Victron hardware

RichieW13

There are many ways to wire/connect an inverter and many inverteres to choose from. I did this video a while back using a GoPower IC2000 (2000w inverter and conveter...combo device). This will give you a basic understanding of what is involved. Today, I would say the industry gold standard would be Victron hardware
Thanks for that. But I didn't really see how your device is connected.

And was your trailer "prepped" for an inverter? How does that change things?

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for that. But I didn't really see how your device is connected.

And was your trailer "prepped" for an inverter? How does that change things?
This is only a guess, but I would say "Prepped for Inverter" means there will be a circuit/sub panel to power selected outlets via the inverter. The method in my video would power the entire RV, not just a selected few outlets.

CornCrib

It looks like the Avenue OTG Package includes everything except an inverter.

• OTG Package:
  • - 320 watt panel
  • - 20 amp controller
  • - inverter prep
  • - Multiple dedicated outlets

What all is required in order to install the inverter?
Could you snap a pic of the area in the front storage? I'm thinking there should be a metal outlet type box there somewhere, but not sure. It may be as simple as running a line from that box to your self installed inverter. That would power whatever outlets that were selected at the factory and running to that box. (4-5 maybe?). That would be best for a simple small inverter only unit.
But, I'd seriously consider going the route that Jim did above and power the entire RV instead. That would also replace your OEM charger.

RichieW13

Could you snap a pic of the area in the front storage? I'm thinking there should be a metal outlet type box there somewhere, but not sure. It may be as simple as running a line from that box to your self installed inverter. That would power whatever outlets that were selected at the factory and running to that box. (4-5 maybe?). That would be best for a simple small inverter only unit.
But, I'd seriously consider going the route that Jim did above and power the entire RV instead. That would also replace your OEM charger.
I don't have the trailer yet. Still deciding if I want to buy one.