• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Ac vent bedroom 310rl

Fishfnatic

How do you remove smalll round vent covers in bedroom? One looks like it is blocked. Do not see any tabs to pop off and hesitant to damage it.

Fishfnatic

Update. Did research online. I don’t know what’s blocking but something pushing down from ceiling. Going to cut piece of pool noodle to push up duct for more clearance. Original clearance about 1/4 inch, so not much air flow.

BryanValRox

Update. Did research online. I don’t know what’s blocking but something pushing down from ceiling. Going to cut piece of pool noodle to push up duct for more clearance. Original clearance about 1/4 inch, so not much air flow.
We questioned our bathroom air flow during PDI back in September of 2023. The tech at the dealer stated he addressed and fixed the issue to the best of his ability. Fast forward to Jan. 2024(obviously no ac use) and I decided to inspect with a borescope, I found the ceiling duct collapsed and not connected properly at the ac unit discharge connection. I removed the plates from the Bedroom A/c, repositioned and securely taped the duct work to the opening and installed some Home made pvc pipe spacers within the duct work to help keep it opened. Much better air flow to the bathroom vent.
I feel like these are basic issues that should not be occurring during manufacturing regardless of the OEM. Feels like there should be a stand down to address basic quality controls. OEM’s need to rethink, is it cheaper to build it correctly or pay for the fix during the warranty period. For me the answer is obvious, do it correctly during the build and avoid the warranty claim, customer dissatisfaction and brand reputation damage.

Fishfnatic

We questioned our bathroom air flow during PDI back in September of 2023. The tech at the dealer stated he addressed and fixed the issue to the best of his ability. Fast forward to Jan. 2024(obviously no ac use) and I decided to inspect with a borescope, I found the ceiling duct collapsed and not connected properly at the ac unit discharge connection. I removed the plates from the Bedroom A/c, repositioned and securely taped the duct work to the opening and installed some Home made pvc pipe spacers within the duct work to help keep it opened. Much better air flow to the bathroom vent.
I feel like these are basic issues that should not be occurring during manufacturing regardless of the OEM. Feels like there should be a stand down to address basic quality controls. OEM’s need to rethink, is it cheaper to build it correctly or pay for the fix during the warranty period. For me the answer is obvious, do it correctly during the build and avoid the warranty claim, customer dissatisfaction and brand reputation damage.
I tried pushing my hand deep in duct and felt the same. The other 3 round vents have a bigger gap. How can they build these like this for the amount of money they cost? Seems no quality control. Almost makes me think we should have gone with other brand we liked, but maybe would have had same thing.

Geo

How did you remove the small round vent covers? Does the rotating part snap out?
I too have a vent that has no air flow.

Bozo

I tried pushing my hand deep in duct and felt the same. The other 3 round vents have a bigger gap. How can they build these like this for the amount of money they cost? Seems no quality control. Almost makes me think we should have gone with other brand we liked, but maybe would have had same thing.
I think they all are thrown together. When majority comes out of the same part of the country, kind of hard to distinguish yourselves, employee wise. Only takes a few bad apples and the sauce is spoiled. Maybe these manufacturers should implement an incentive plan to get quality under control. Quality has to be there the whole process, not just at pdi.