• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

385FL dump valve tube 3/4” above axle broken by axle

Mary S

We are on our maiden voyage. It took 8 months to get our truck after I retired and the same week the truck came in, my wife broke her leg. So by the time we got to travel, the warranty expired. On our first trip, the dump valve tube got broken because it was 3/4” above the axle. My question is: Is this an engineering problem or is mine the only one that was put together like this? We had to pay a mobile tech $240 just to fix the tube. When we get back home, the underbelly needs to come down and everything raised to get it off the axle.

Mary S

We are on our maiden voyage. It took 8 months to get our truck after I retired and the same week the truck came in, my wife broke her leg. So by the time we got to travel, the warranty expired. On our first trip, the dump valve tube got broken because it was 3/4” above the axle. My question is: Is this an engineering problem or is mine the only one that was put together like this? We had to pay a mobile tech $240 just to fix the tube. When we get back home, the underbelly needs to come down and everything raised to get it off the axle.
By the way,this is my wife’s account, my name is Darrell. We are brand new to posting on a forum. The axle bounced up after hitting a hole and broke the bottom of the tube. The picture is after I put flex tape on just to stop it from leaking. But you can see how close it is to the axle, so if the axle moves very little it makes contact with the tube.
I think I understand, but could you post a picture?

Attachments

• 606C9217-B77C-4802-A71F-7916F7A83127.jpeg
    606C9217-B77C-4802-A71F-7916F7A83127.jpeg
    543.4 KB · Views: 41