• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

31a10 furnace runs warms camper very slow

Steve Dammann

33 degrees in camper when started furnace. About 30 degrees outside ran for about 10 hours only got to 64 degrees in camper. Thoughts? Thank you

Bozo

I suspect you have the same ducting issues as most. Ducts crammed in place and possibly short a recommended run for the furnace itself. Also, 2” walls are not able to be super insulated for truly cold weather operation. All that material needs brought up to temp. Beyond this, run fireplace with furnace to augment temperature. Window area allows lots of cold conduction as well.

Steve Dammann

I suspect you have the same ducting issues as most. Ducts crammed in place and possibly short a recommended run for the furnace itself. Also, 2” walls are not able to be super insulated for truly cold weather operation. All that material needs brought up to temp. Beyond this, run fireplace with furnace to augment temperature. Window area allows lots of cold conduction as well.
Thanks for the reply my last 2006 toy hauler 40’ had the same 30000 btu output at 5 below zero the furnace kept the camper at 70 degrees

Bozo

Thanks for the reply my last 2006 toy hauler 40’ had the same 30000 btu output at 5 below zero the furnace kept the camper at 70 degrees
What brand was the old unit? In some respects, I wish I had my old 5er. The lack of manuals with alliance units drives me nuts. Still going through the nuances of the valor and alliance’s thinking/engineering.