• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

310RL Towing

sseeger01

Does anyone have experience towing a 310RL with a 2500 series gas truck? I just bought an F-250 SuperDuty with 7.3 liter gas engine, air bags and overload springs. Specs seem to support it, but looking for real world experience.

J. Thomas

I did that, but not for long. Switched over to a diesel. POwer was good with that engine, even in the mountains. However, gas mileage was terrible. I think about 6MPG-9MPG as an average.

sseeger01

I did that, but not for long. Switched over to a diesel. POwer was good with that engine, even in the mountains. However, gas mileage was terrible. I think about 6MPG-9MPG as an average.
Thank you for the input! Looking forward to spending time in the Paradigm - not so much at the gas pump! 😂😂

bhidalgo

310RL is our first RV and we love it to death!
We initially had a '21 F-250 (my first diesel).
Ordered the rig AND a '22 F-350 the same day.
Only have the 350...pulls the RV with ease. We get between 11 and 13 MPG on highways here in FL. Not much difference in MPG to and from our property in TN. Do not know if I will EVER go back to a gas engine in a truck again.
Good luck...Bill

sseeger01

310RL is our first RV and we love it to death!
We initially had a '21 F-250 (my first diesel).
Ordered the rig AND a '22 F-350 the same day.
Only have the 350...pulls the RV with ease. We get between 11 and 13 MPG on highways here in FL. Not much difference in MPG to and from our property in TN. Do not know if I will EVER go back to a gas engine in a truck again.
Good luck...Bill
Thank you Bill. I guess I'll try out a few hills and then decide if I need to trade up to diesel.

DanNJanice

I have a friend who switched from a 7.3 powerstroke to a new 7.3 gasser, he says he doesn't miss the diesel at all. He is towing a 32+ Bighorn so it should be close to the same weight wise.

sseeger01

I have a friend who switched from a 7.3 powerstroke to a new 7.3 gasser, he says he doesn't miss the diesel at all. He is towing a 32+ Bighorn so it should be close to the same weight wise.
That’s encouraging! I pulled a Rockwood 34’ with my Ram 1500 hemi and did fine. We’ll see. Thank you!