• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

310RL Kitchen Slide Gouge Underneath

bhidalgo

The kitchen slide on our '22 310RL has a gouge in the bottom of the wood platform under the refrigerator.
We noticed wood chipping on a recent trip. Up to that point we had never had an issue with anything like this happening.
Looks like something has started protruding up from the frame into the wooden platform of the slide. Best guess I have as to what is going on at this time.
Nothing appears jammed between the floor and the underside of the slide floor from what we can tell.
And there is no evidence of anything between the floor and the platform like a screw or anything caught underneath.

Is there a way to look between the frame and the slide from the outside wheel well, or even from inside of the rig, and see what might be causing the gouge?
I don't want this issue to get out of hand. Need to fix it - or get it fixed - but do not want to mess up anything with the slide in the meantime.
But then again do not want the issue to destroy the flooring of the slide either and then we end up with a much bigger issue to deal with.

The slide operates fine otherwise.

Thanks...Bill

06/14 Update:
Ordered me an Endoscope yesterday...will use that to see if I can find the culprit.

Last edited:

Mazboy

get with alliance service. and, i'd recommend you get them to schedule you an appointment at their shop in elkhart if it is possible for you to get there.

bhidalgo

I used a borescope earlier today with negative results. Will try again next week when we can fully extend the slide. Hoping it is nothing serious. As for getting with Alliance, I'm out of warranty and live in FL so getting the rig up to the plant is a big negative at this point.

TJJ

I used a borescope earlier today with negative results. Will try again next week when we can fully extend the slide. Hoping it is nothing serious. As for getting with Alliance, I'm out of warranty and live in FL so getting the rig up to the plant is a big negative at this point.
I had the same issue.You need to jack up that end of the slide room to be able to see in there.As seen in the pic there was a screw sticking up on mine. I got it mostly tightened by using a needle nose vice grips.Be sure to stick a piece of 2x4 or something in to avoid getting pinched.IMG_1750.jpeg

bhidalgo

Thanks! We just booked a trip for next weekend here in FL between Tallahassee and Lake City and will try to fix it then.
I had a feeling it was a screw.
Where did you place the jack?
Did you have any issue with the slide mechanism not being able to pull the slide back in afterwards?

Bill

TJJ

Thanks! We just booked a trip for next weekend here in FL between Tallahassee and Lake City and will try to fix it then.
I had a feeling it was a screw.
Where did you place the jack?
Did you have any issue with the slide mechanism not being able to pull the slide back in afterwards?

Bill

TJJ

Nothing fancy.Here’s my set up. You do not want to operate the slide when the slide is jacked up.IMG_1751.jpeg

bhidalgo

Great. I’ll start getting some wood together.
Noooo not gonna operate with it jacked up.
Should be able to get this done in an afternoon I hope.
Thanks again