• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

310RL Basement Door Latch Does Not Catch

bhidalgo

On my passenger side basement door the forward latch barely catches the frame. Does not stay latched on that side. Not sure how to fix at this point. Any suggestions?
See photo. Did a video screenshot so it’s kinda dark.

1644573236272.png

sjankevicius

That has been a common issue. Check the door frame where the latch contacts. Try to take a screwdriver and pry the frame up a little bit. That fixed mine. There are several posts on the Facebook page on this also. Someone fabricated some shims and another used some nuts in there to help keep it in place.

bhidalgo

That has been a common issue. Check the door frame where the latch contacts. Try to take a screwdriver and pry the frame up a little bit. That fixed mine. There are several posts on the Facebook page on this also. Someone fabricated some shims and another used some nuts in there to help keep it in place.
Thanks. I'll give it a shot.

Grassjohn

Remove the frame screws near the latch, pry the frame/latch inward (I had about 1/4 inch), install spacers or shims to keep the frame in place, and re-insert or replace the screws with longer ones. No more sprung open latches while traveling.