• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

2500 Ram 4X4 w/ 26RD

Ramming Red

Hello everyone,
I have a Travel Trailer now and I'm really interested in going to a 26RD. I never had a 5th wheel before and have some worries. I read on this forum where the 26RD height at the hitch is 62" high. I went to a dealer and looked at a 26RD where it was setting in a stone parking lot (not sure if it was perfectly level) and it was 59" high. My tow vehicle is a 2022 Ram 2500 4x4, Long Bed, w/Off Road Package and the bed of my truck is 59" high. Am I missing something here? Seems I would have no clearance between bed of truck and RV. I'm reading you should have 6" minimum. Does anyone know what the true height of this RV is? Would this RV be way too nose high for my Ram if I have to raise it 6" and is that even possible? Anyone here running this combination: 26RD w/ 2022 Ram 2500 4x4? I would love for this setup to work but don't want to spend a lot of money to make it ride level. 🤔

fyrmnjim

I have a 2019 ford f250 4x4. My bed is 40" of the ground. I have a BW companion 5th in the lowest setting. It tow relatively level and I have about 3" clearance on the sides of the bed.

Ramming Red

I thought they say 6" minimum from bed to RV.
Isn't 3" kind of close? How long have you been traveling with it like that?
If your truck is only 40" high and you only got 3" of clearance, my truck at 59" high is never going to work.