• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

'22 310RL Samsung Refrigerator Frost

bhidalgo

We have the residential Samsung refrigerator in our rig and starting a few weeks ago we are getting frost in the freezer in the area of the ice maker.
I checked where the water valve is that feeds the ice maker and it is closed.
Also, the ice maker is turned off.

Up until now we have not have any issues like this
Any troubleshooting suggestions to try and figure out what is going on?
Other than this issue the refrigerator runs like a champ.

Thanks....BIll

bhidalgo

I asked about this a few months back and so far nobody had responded. Decided to post pictures from our trip this past weekend to show what is happening. We just started using the built-in ice maker this trip and that action did not help resolve the issue nor make it any worse. We have no idea what is going on but would appreciate any feedback as to what might be causing the frost to build up. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1934.jpeg
    IMG_1934.jpeg
    315.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1935.jpeg
    IMG_1935.jpeg
    274.7 KB · Views: 9

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Two things I would do.
1 - Make sure you don't place hot/warm items in the freezer, that will produce humidity, which causes frost buildup.
2 - Check the freezer seal to make sure warm air can't get in, causing frost to build up.

bhidalgo

Thanks for the feedback.I’ll check the seal for any gaps next week when we go to the FL RV Show.

This frosted area is only in the vicinity of the ice maker. We had not turned it on or used it until just recently, and only after the frost started appearing. Strange.

Trent Mills

We had that for a short while in our Samsung in the 340RL, we were not closing the freezer/fridge door completely. It took a few days to get totally defrosted.