• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

2024 310RL Furnace issues

BryanValRox

Folks, your hoses labeled 1&2 feed metal duct work that travels back to the kitchen island. My best advice as fellow 2024 310 RL owner is as follows.
1. Remove the vent covers at the island outlet.
2. Place your camera phone down inside the opening while on video and move the camera back and forth slowly.
3. Review your results.

When our heater struggled to raise the temperature in the coach I did the same an found our metal duct work has major issues. It was completely collapsed right at the outlet. The cause of the collapse is that two screws have been run down thru the floor and they have engaged the duct and have physically pulled/pushed it shut.
Once I figured this out, I rigged, yes rigged a pipe flange and a pipe nipple to snake down the island opening and lift the duct open on one side .( not proud of the temporary fix, but it allows some heat out of island duct.) This is the best that I can do with ours for now, because there isn’t much room and my arm doesn’t bend enough different ways to get to the screws that appear to be causing our problem. The way I see it, this will need accessed from the underbelly or the island will need to be removed from the floor to better access the vent. I have attached two pictures for your review.
One shows the normal duct height on one side and the other shows the restricted side of the duct work. And if you look at the collapsed side it narrows to about 1/2 inch and you can see the two screws causing the collapse. Yes, there is a warranty claim in my future and I have the pictures to prove that there is an issue.

Attachments

• DCAE14A0-1072-4E79-A5B8-B282DCA73D54.jpeg
    DCAE14A0-1072-4E79-A5B8-B282DCA73D54.jpeg
    387.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 8F4E8FD8-503C-4F36-9347-EF5A1658C4E0.jpeg
    8F4E8FD8-503C-4F36-9347-EF5A1658C4E0.jpeg
    375.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited: