• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

2022 390MP rear skirting issues

Yancy&Tamy

We bought a new 2022 390MP and on the rear corners of each side where the metal skirting comes up to meet the Azdel Siding it is denting from the inside out and pulling the caulk away. I am not sure if this is happening on other models or not. I believe it is caused from wind coming up underneath and moving the panels against the frame. I have talked it to the local RV dealer that we bought it from and they took pictures and are suppose to get back with me. I have attached the pictures for your review and if you could please see if there is a solution. The dealer said there were going to replace both panels and said they have contacted Alliance but I have not heard anything back. Any positive solutions would be greatly appreciated. First picture is passenger side which is worse then driver side. Second picture is driver side.

Attachments

• Trailer dent 1.jpg
    Trailer dent 1.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Trailer dent 2.jpg
    Trailer dent 2.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 20
From personal experience I can tell you that indicates the screws holding the rear wall in place are loose or missing altogether and the rear wall is moving side to side as you drive down the road. When it first started happening to my 390MP I came to the same conclusion you have but I was completely wrong. The rear wall is held in place by a 1" strip of angle at the bottom, screwed into the floor and the wall. On our 390MP those screws worked/vibrated out and none were present. That basically explained why I was finding screws on the floor every time was stopped. If you lay down on the floor and shine a flash light under the couch you will be able to see the angle where the screws are supposed to be. Mine got to much worse condition and those side pannels were completely popped out and the floor and frame were visible. You definitely want to call Customer Service and report this issue to get their read on it. They told me to replace the screws with slightly larger screws. I did and that also failed withing about 500 miles. I have since replaced them with much larger screws (approximately 1/8" diameter lag screws) and they seem to be holding for the moment. You will need to basically disassemble the couch so you can get to the 2 long screws holding it in place. They are through the back-side of the front legs of the couch and into the floor.

We have scheduled a visit to the factory to get his resolved by the experts.

Hope this helps.

Marty......................

Yancy&Tamy

Marty,
Thank you very much for the insight. We will be in Quartzite this coming weekend for the RV show and I plan on talking to Alliance reps about this issue so when it goes back into get the skirting replaced the dealer makes sure they do as suggested. But in the mean time I will look under the couch to see if there are loose screw coming out. I hope that Alliance will look at this thread and also make any suggestions.
Appreciate your support.
Yancy

Yancy & Tammy,
We also have a 390MP. I'm curious to know if you've installed a TV in the MP room yet. If so, what size TV?
Thank you
Derek & Annette

Yancy&Tamy

Good morning Derek and Annette,
We have not installed a TV in the MP room, we took out the small couch and turned it into a office with a small desk since we both work mobile and Tamy is on Zoom calls we wanted her to have some privacy. She has multiple monitors and that space is perfect for her. We searched several rigs wanting this bonus room with the door opening into the hallway instead of the kitchen and thanks to Alliance we couldn't be happier. The only major issue to me is the skirting on the back corners but they are working with us on a solution and the dealer is going to replace the panels but also what is causing the issue. We love the RV and very glad we made the decision to go with Alliance and there customer service is outstanding.
We hope that you are happy with yours and please let us know if you have had any issues beside the small normal moving a house down the freeway bumps.
Yancy