• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

2021 Valor 40V13 exterior molding seperation?

B&T HOW

I'm Getting the rig out to prep for the season, and noticed this? (Not sure what its called) Anyone else have this happen? What is the fix?

Also all the sealant is starting to seperate, which I kind of figured on repla20230313_180519[1].jpgcing this spring anyways. Any paticular product work better then another by chance?20230313_180524[1].jpg

Attachments

• 20230313_180513[1].jpg
    20230313_180513[1].jpg
    703 KB · Views: 32

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
sometimes it shrinks in cold weather and then it is next to impossible get it back in. You can fight it, or simply buy this 100' replacement from Amazon. When installing this new piece, don't stretch it while putting it on and you shouldn't have the problem again.

B&T HOW

Thanks, ordered today. Went ahead and grab the Pro flex to replace the factory silicone sealant.

517LkaJo9nL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

johnda98

Thanks, ordered today. Went ahead and grab the Pro flex to replace the factory silicone sealant.

517LkaJo9nL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
is the right-stuff ? for exterior joints ie where the azdel meets the skirt ? ... I thought Factory used a non-silicone automotive type sealant.. because silicone doesnt stick to silicone and you dont have to dig out the old (if it was silicone.. like other OEMs) @Jim Beletti Jim ? thanks buddy

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
is the right-stuff ? for exterior joints ie where the azdel meets the skirt ? ... I thought Factory used a non-silicone automotive type sealant.. because silicone doesnt stick to silicone and you dont have to dig out the old (if it was silicone.. like other OEMs) @Jim Beletti Jim ? thanks buddy
We have recently moved to using silicone. But you are right, silicone does not stick to silicone.

johnda98

oooh.. thought there was a good reason not to use silicone for that reason.. ie if one has to dig it all out the residue on the surface is still there and never get a good bond again on a repair

a 2021 41-15.. was sealed with the automotive type then .. Jim.. I'll use same sealant as factory did in 2021.. know that type ? thanks buddy

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
oooh.. thought there was a good reason not to use silicone for that reason.. ie if one has to dig it all out the residue on the surface is still there and never get a good bond again on a repair

a 2021 41-15.. was sealed with the automotive type then .. Jim.. I'll use same sealant as factory did in 2021.. know that type ? thanks buddy
@johnda98 - Sorry but I am not certain on that. Kindly drop a quick note to the team at service@alliancerv.com. Include the last 6 of your VIN and if you know it (plate on ODS ext wall), the DOM (date of mfr). Specifically, you're wanting to know the sealant brand and number that is used on the exterior wall / cap joints.

Bozo

We have recently moved to using silicone. But you are right, silicone does not stick to silicone.
So they are using silicone exclusively now? I would have preferred something that could be applied over itself if a repair/reseal was necessary.