• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

12v Outlets in Valor 42V13

Focker

There is a couple of 12v system USB outlets next to the bed. It would be fairly easy to run some 12v wire and install something if you need it.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Agee with Focker....just run your own dedicated 12v wire to the location you want this. Make sure you add a breaker on this line. Best case about 2' to 3' off the battery.

Valkyrie

Gotcha. We were previously looking at a Class A and they were everywhere throughout the coach. Just curious.
Thanks for the reply!

Focker

There are USB plugs at both sides of bed and it would be easy to convert on to a cigarette plug if that is what you are looking for.

Valkyrie

I would need to add 12v outlets in addition to the USB plugs in the master bedroom.
Would I still need to run dedicated lines from the outlet back to the battery including the fuse mentioned previously?

Focker

I would need to add 12v outlets in addition to the USB plugs in the master bedroom.
Would I still need to run dedicated lines from the outlet back to the battery including the fuse mentioned previously?
I don't think you would need a dedicated line provided the wire size and fuse are adequate for your CPAP

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I don't think you would need a dedicated line provided the wire size and fuse are adequate for your CPAP
That is exactly why I said said run new wires. Those USB plug are typically rated for <1 amp draw. Those 12v "cigarette" plugs can pull up to 20 amps.

Focker

I checked last night and the USB fuse is 15 amps, if your CPAP is rated under that I think you should be fine to just change the outlet to a 12V cigarette plug with some Wagos.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I would pull the USB plug and measure the wire gauge. Here is a chart for gauge to amp draw. Do you know what your CPAP draws?

1677815764766.png

Valkyrie

No, not yet. This would be a future project. I just was initially curious as to why there were no 12v outlets from the factory as opposed to a class A that have numerous outlets. I guess cost to implement would be a concern.
Thanks

Focker

No, not yet. This would be a future project. I just was initially curious as to why there were no 12v outlets from the factory as opposed to a class A that have numerous outlets. I guess cost to implement would be a concern.
Thanks
I don't think it is a cost issue in this case, it is a usefulness issue. I don't believe there is much demand any longer for 12V outlets however there is very much so for USB outlets. I changed the USB A outlets in the bedroom to USB A and C combo outlets and use them all the time.

I was doing some research and it appears most 12V CPAP units use between 5 and 6 amps. I found an article for boondocking that said if you turn the humidifier off it will save a couple of amps.