• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

12 volt fridge lock

Corndog

Just got back from our shake-down cruise in our 33RKS. My mistake not reading all the info but thought the frige lock locked the doors for travel. No it locks the controls. We ended up with stuff on the floor between the slide and the fridge. Hard to dig out and fortunately the kitchen slide didn't damage the frige door opening up. How do you secure your frige/freezer while traveling so stuff stays secure? The manufacturer says to "remove prior to transport and load once on site" Really?...What say you???

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
@Corndog - love your username and love corndogs!

Looking at the owners manual for your refer (link), this is all it says under Travel:
Always travel with the doors closed and ensure will not open during traveling.

Not too helpful. There are a number of methods you could use. One of my current favorites is using a plastic Child Safety Locks (plastic latch) at the top that basically straps the left and right doors together. So far, on our residential refer, it's held the French doors closed all season.

Here's a link to it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C1Z1R7W7/

You get a bunch in the bag to give our to friends too. That's what I did.

I prefer to use the rectangular pads versus the round ones for on top of the doors. The kit comes with some of each. Also, I highly suggest not using the supplied adhesive pads and use instead genuine 3M VHB, cut to size. That stuff sticks!

Last edited:

Corndog

Thanks For the info Jim! I hope this solves the problem...

Attachments

• fridge door and slide open.jpg
    fridge door and slide open.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 26

Corndog

Decided to try Velcro across the top of the fridge to see if it's enough without showing hardware. Photos attached. Got heavy duty 2 inch velcro from our local Ace. I'll let you know after our next trip...

Attachments

• velcro 1.jpg
    velcro 1.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 10
  • velcro 3.jpg
    velcro 3.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 9
  • velcro2.jpg
    velcro2.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 10

Bozo

Decided to try Velcro across the top of the fridge to see if it's enough without showing hardware. Photos attached. Got heavy duty 2 inch velcro from our local Ace. I'll let you know after our next trip...
I too, use Velcro. Works great.